August 2015 Moms

Flying while pregnant

My husband and I need to fly from VT to NC next friday. I will be exactly 20 weeks along...I plan to ask my doctors, but I was wondering if anybody else has done this and if it's safe?

Re: Flying while pregnant

• If you are not high risk and have not had any complications, it is perfectly safe to fly at 20 weeks. I would just be sure to book an aisle seat so you can get up and walk around every so often to prevent blood clots and to have easy access to the bathroom.
  • My dr told me just to walk around once an hour and drink water.
  • Loading the player...
  • I flew two weeks ago (18.5 weeks) and I learned a few things about flying while pregnant. Luckily I wasn't showing at all (still not) so I didn't have to worry about getting my belly through the aisles but I think the altitude did something to my bladder and I had to pee every 30 minutes which was terrible. I also noticed very minor swelling in my legs when we landed, nothing serious though. Like PP said, flying at 20 weeks is no big deal, just try to get an aisle seat and choose a row close to the bathroom if at all possible.
  • I flew when I was pregant with my first at around 7 months. Aside from the extra belly pat down by TSA, it was like any other flight! Just walk around, drink extra water and you'll be fine. An asile set would be a bonus!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"