Baby Names

What do you think? Need some opinions!

Hello!
I'm wondering if you ladies could give me some opinion to the name I chose? Baby girl is due in June and at the moment my husband and I reside in Germany. However, we do plan on moving back, so I thought since we'll be living in America- baby girl should have a German name plus then everyone on both sides of our families are able to pronounce it. So anyways, I like the old school german Names and trust me there aren't a lot of them out there that are ... Graceful sounding- to say the least! The name we both like is Henriette/Henrietta and her middle name would be Rose- my middle name my mom's name. For short, we would call her Henri, which I think is cute but most Germans just tell me it's a boy's name...what do you think? And thank you! Other nickname options- Henny, Hattie, Etta... But Henris my fave

Re: What do you think? Need some opinions!

• Not a fan of Henri as a nn for a girl. Etta or Hattie would be my pick. Also, I disagree--there are many LOVELY German names:
    Alice
    Anne
    Anneliese
    Danielle
    Emma
    Gabrielle
    Gretel
    Hannelore
    Helene
    Isadora
    Liesl
    Maria
    Marlene
    Marta
    Sabine
    Viktoria
    Inge
    Wilhelmina
    Sofia
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Henrietta but agree with pp, I'm not a fan of Henri for a girl. Etta would be a much better nn.

Gretta Rose nn Etta
    Wilhelmina Rose nn Willa
    Winifred Rose nn Winnie or Winn
    Adelina Rose nn Lina or Addie
    Amalia Rose nn Lia
    Annika Rose nn Annie or Anna
    Beatrix Rose nn Bea
    Brigitta Rose nn Bree
    Dorothea Rose nn Thea
    Louisa nn Lou
    Lucia nn Lucy
    Philomena nn Philo
    Philippa nn Pippa
  • Loading the player...
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Henrietta nn Etta or no nickname
    I don't like Henry on a girl.
  • I wouldn't do Henri, especially since Henry is becoming so popular for boys. I like Etta. Many of the above suggestions are also great. Love Alice, Anneliese, Gretta, Adelina, and Lucia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"