November 2015 Moms
Options

8.5 weeks- when can I expect to feel better?

Hi!! I'm 8.5 weeks pregnant and I've been feeling consistently crappy since week 5.5. It's been 3 weeks of nausea (constant), vomiting, fatigue, gas, heartburn, etc. for those of you who have been through this before, is there a certain point that these symptoms peak? When do you think I'll start feeling better?? Any input is appreciated.

Re: 8.5 weeks- when can I expect to feel better?

• Options
    Usually as you move into the 2nd trimester, symptoms tend to subside. But not for everyone. Some women are sick their entire pregnancies. Every body and every pregnancy is different. Hope you get some relief soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I hope it doesn't last 3 more weeks but if it does, I guess I'll expect it. I appreciate your help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It really all depends, most women start feeling better once second tri starts which is around 13 weeks, but then it could also last your whole pregnancy, which it did for me with my first. It lasting the whole pregnancy is pretty rare though and you'll more than likely start feeling better during second tri. It sucks, but hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hi I'm new here and is nice to see others going through same thing. I keep getting advice from non pregnant unhealthy people telling to get up and exercise and I will feel better and drink water. It just makes me cranky to here this. Lol. I am active, still dancing and went on a hike today but came home and have been stuck on sofa. My husband put a cereal Tupperware next to me. Gingerale & crackers are my best friend. They work for me. But I have to move as I'm having an issue with my knees locking up and hurting. So everyone hang in there! 6 weeks three days
  • Options
    Mine was mostly gone by week 13 last time. I felt 100% better by week 15.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    Some time between now and not at all, lol.
  • Options
    I'm 8 weeks and 5 days today and having twins! I know how you feel, I've been having all of the same problems! I don't remember it being this bad with my first pregnancy, but they're all different! I hope you (and I ) start to feel better soon!
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    Like some PPs said- every pregnancy is different. I was feeling good by week 16 with DS. I will say the nausea got better around week 14, but I still had some vomiting spells until week 16. This pregnancy I have very little nausea. Knock on wood!

Hope you get some relief soon!
  • Options
    Just make sure you aren't getting dehydrated from vomiting too much. That happened to me and ends up needing IV
  • Options
    Lurking from N14. I was the lucky one who threw up until 31 weeks. It was pretty horrible! But so worth it in the end!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"