April 2015 Moms
Options

Repeat C-section advice needed

I'm having a repeat c-section in a few days and I just would like some advice from all who have gone through one. I was very sick with my first and had to have an emergency c-section at 31 weeks. I don't remember much of that time because I had severe preeclampsia that turned into HELLP syndrome. I don't remember much of those days because I was kept doped up to keep my blood pressure down to keep from stroking out. So as a nervous second timer I feel like this is really the first time. My doctor isn't doing to surgery because he'll be off island(Guam), but he did explain the procedure but I'm more nervous and need advice about everything that happens after. Any help is welcomed.. Thank you in advance!

Re: Repeat C-section advice needed

• Options
    I have my c section scheduled for the 14th- thank you @guinevereis for your answer makes me feel better ☺️.
    I also had HELLP syndrome with my first and ended up with a c section!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pleasure!
    Sorry for typos- I wrote this on my phone while breastfeeding ha ha
  • Options
    Thank you @guinervereis... I appreciate this so much. It actually put me at ease. I'm headed to the hospital tomorrow so I'm so happy that I read this and it was so well detailed... I'm so much more excited now that I know a few things. Thank you!
  • Options
    She did a GREAT job at describing everything. I just had my 2nd c-section Friday and the first was an emergency so I had no clue what to expect during the prep phase and what not. I was nervous going in too but everything went so smoothly I couldn't be happier. Best wishes to you and LO will be here before you know it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"