August 2015 Moms
Options

22+3 weeks and no movement

Hi I'm due on August 2nd with my first. I did have a high bmi at the start but have lost around 6.6kg to date. I'm 22 weeks 3 days. My worry is I haven't felt any movement at all. Should I be worried? Please help.

Re: 22+3 weeks and no movement

• Options
    My doctor told me that it's normal up to 24 weeks to not feel movement. I haven't felt anything at 20 weeks but I am not sure if I'm writing off movement as muscle spasms some of the time. Have you had an anatomy scan recently?
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I had it 2 weeks ago but have to go back for another tomorrow as they couldn't see the heart chambers very clearly. They said there may not be a problem but wanted to check when the baby was slightly bigger. I literally haven't felt anything I could put down to as a movement. No fluttering, spasms, twitching. Only blooming indigestion!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ps thank you for replying :)
  • Options
    Well I guess if there are women that can carry to term and not know they are pregnant than it must be possible to not feel baby at all entire pregnancy... I'm a small person and have always felt my babies early12-14 weeks. This is my fourth and I have been so paranoid! I'm almost 19 weeks and even though I can feel baby at random times this is my quietest for sure!! If I was larger maybe I would feel nothing idk. I have a scan next week and am very curious to see what is going on in there!!
  • Options
    It can depend on where you are carrying the baby. If it's toward the back, or if the placenta is in front, it could prevent you from feeling movement. It's not uncommon to feel nothing yet, don't worry, everything is probably just fine :-)
  • Options
    Maybe you have an anterior placenta? I just felt baby for the first time at 21 weeks. My OB said sometimes nothing is felt up to 24 weeks, so try not to worry too much!
  • Options
    For my 1st, didn't recognize anything until 24 weeks, 2nd...I could tell at 20 weeks...now with my 3rd I could feel movement at 16-17 weeks. I'm overweight, too, which doesn't have much to do with it. A lot of it is the placenta's position and you knowing what to look for. If everything looked good at your 20 week anatomy scan, then take it easy and don't stress. You'll feel your LO soon!
  • Options

I had it 2 weeks ago but have to go back for another tomorrow as they couldn't see the heart chambers very clearly. They said there may not be a problem but wanted to check when the baby was slightly bigger. I literally haven't felt anything I could put down to as a movement. No fluttering, spasms, twitching. Only blooming indigestion!!

I think it's very normal to not feel movement prior to 24 weeks, especially on the first pregnancy. If everything looked good at your last appointment I am sure that everything is fine. Like prior posts said, it could just be the way baby and the placenta are positioned. I hope everything looks great at your ultrasound tomorrow!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone. My placenta is posterior. And I'm 84 kg to my 5.3". So I'm not huge - well I feel it now when I look down and can't see my toes!!! I'm sure it's fine it's just what with the heart issue and it being my first I'm freaking out
  • Options
    Thank you again. Fingers crossed for tomorrow - it's heart breaking having someone tell you there's a chance your baby will need major heart surgery once it's born
  • Options
    In addition to an AP, the baby could prefer to be positioned facing your back. This makes it very difficult to feel!

Hang in there, momma, it'll happen. We have the same due date by the way.... So that's fun!
  • Options
    My baby girl likes to be dificult. We've been for 2 ultrasounds and the baby was in a bad position both times so they couldn't see the heart as well as they liked. So now I have to go in for a fetal echocardiogram. Doesn't mean anything is wrong they just want to get a good look at the heart. So don't worry everything will be fine. :)
  • Options
    I think our OBG's provide the best news - I am always stressing that I cannot feel anything when so many of my friends felt so much - I hang out for my appointments to hear the babies heartbeat but was told at the 20 week scan that the placenta was placed in a position that makes it hard to feel the movement. I am due 3/8 so am just enjoying the pregnancy and hope to feel something soon. We don't have it easy so just enjoy and hope for a happy healthy baby - I'm sure in a few weeks we will be complaining that baby is moving so much - take care xxx
  • Options
    I am 21 weeks today and although I have been feeling movement my ultrasound showed that I have an anterior placenta. Front of uterus. Which decreases the amount of movement I am able to feel since it takes the brunt of the movement. Just be patient. You will feel it. And once you realize what it feels like you might realize its something you felt before and just didn't know what it was.
  • Options
    My doctor said no movement up to 28 weeks is completely normal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"