August 2015 Moms
Options

Please tell me someone else has experienced this...

In the beginning of my pregnancy, I had no idea how far along I was, as I do not have "traditional" periods, and we were told DH's swimmers were not healthy enough for another baby.  Surprise, they were wrong!  Anyways, my first scan showed my at 6wks 6days.  Awesome.  I went by that date on everything, and am still currently using that date.  I had to have a Level 2 ultrasound a few weeks ago as a follow-up from falling down the stairs. Everything was great, baby "E" was happy and seemed healthy.  When I got back into my doctors office, he said that my uterus was measuring a week and a half ahead, and that the baby was measuring 2wks ahead of that.  That would put me atleast 3wks further along.  I have the anatomy scan on the 16th, and my doc said if I'm still measuring that far in advance, we will officially change my due date.  Has anyone else had this happen?  That seems like a really large jump to me and I don't know how they could be so sure of the first dating scan, and now this...

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Please tell me someone else has experienced this...

• Options
    That hasn't happened to me but to a close friend. Unfortunately the answer she got from a different doctor was the first tech made a "mistake". If you are going to the same practice each time they may not freely tell you they made an error.
  • Options
    I'm going to the same practice, but the techs are different.  It's a large practice, with 3 different locations and hospitals, so even though I "Usually" go to the one closest to me, sometimes I have to go further in to one of the really large hospitals to see my doc.  I don't mind them making a mistake, but accidents happen.  It just floored me that there could be that big of a difference.

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here's my problem with this...your first scan had you measuring 6w6d, there is NO WAY that an 8w6d or worse 9w6d, if they think they were 3 weeks off, looks like a 6w6d fetus. It's a little blob at 6 weeks, it has arms and legs at 9 weeks. I wouldn't let them change it, I would go with the original date!!! You're much more likely to get induced if they change your date to an earlier date, fight for the later one!
  • Options
    Sorry you are dealing with this chavemann10.  I am happy to see you again though, haven't seen you post anything for a while and I was wondering about you!  I have irregular periods (they vary from 20- 28 days between) I have never had them change a due date on me before. I know I have heard the comments that I am measuring ahead of schedule but I tend to have long babies and 2 out of the 3 so far were hefty too. IDK what I would do with the information you have.  I hold pretty solid stock in the "old" method of due dates. Before they had regular Ultrasounds, they would take the first missed day of your last period, subtract 3 months and then add 3 days  (I think??) and that would be your due date. Good Luck!  Keep us posted on if they figure out your actual due date!  
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    chavemann10chavemann10 member
    edited March 2015

Sorry you are dealing with this chavemann10.  I am happy to see you again though, haven't seen you post anything for a while and I was wondering about you!  I have irregular periods (they vary from 20- 28 days between) I have never had them change a due date on me before. I know I have heard the comments that I am measuring ahead of schedule but I tend to have long babies and 2 out of the 3 so far were hefty too. IDK what I would do with the information you have.  I hold pretty solid stock in the "old" method of due dates. Before they had regular Ultrasounds, they would take the first missed day of your last period, subtract 3 months and then add 3 days  (I think??) and that would be your due date. Good Luck!  Keep us posted on if they figure out your actual due date!  

Thanks, I've missed you ladies.  I have been out with Pnuemonia, followed by DD with Enterovirus, and now DH with Bronchitis and the flu....it's been a crazy 2 weeks. 

Unfortunately, I have to have the baby early anyways, LONG story, but long story short...my body shuts down at 37wks.  My fear is if they bump the date, that would put me at 34wks and my baby would end up in NICU. DH and I are both rather tall, and it's quite possible I'm measuring ahead, but I doubt it's 3wks ahead.  I figure with my dating, more like a week ahead (I had a really strange 2 days of spotting that could be considered a period). I'm hoping I go back in a few weeks and everything measures closer to normal.  I just really really don't want to end up with my baby girl in the NICU because my doctor guessed wrong.  BTW- ALL 3 of my babies were born at 36w6d-37w1d, and all were over 21" long and weighed over 7lbs 8oz. So, even though I shut down physically, my babies get what they need early, which has avoided us any and all health issues.  Thank the lord!!

Edit-spelling

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks, I've missed you ladies.  I have been out with Pnuemonia, followed by DD with Enterovirus, and now DH with Bronchitis and the flu....it's been a crazy 2 weeks. 

Unfortunately, I have to have the baby early anyways, LONG story, but long story short...my body shuts down at 37wks.  My fear is if they bump the date, that would put me at 34wks and my baby would end up in NICU. DH and I are both rather tall, and it's quite possible I'm measuring ahead, but I doubt it's 3wks ahead.  I figure with my dating, more like a week ahead (I had a really strange 2 days of spotting that could be considered a period). I'm hoping I go back in a few weeks and everything measures closer to normal.  I just really really don't want to end up with my baby girl in the NICU because my doctor guessed wrong.  BTW- ALL 3 of my babies were born at 36w6d-37w1d, and all were over 21" long and weighed over 7lbs 8oz. So, even though I shut down physically, my babies get what they need early, which has avoided us any and all health issues.  Thank the lord!!

Edit-spelling
    Hope your family is all on the mend!  Soundly like it has been pretty suck-tacular  at your house.  

Your issues with the dating are really scary if you have to go early.  I hope they will continue to monitor and scan to see if your LO just went through a growth spurt.  FXFY that everything works out okay. 
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @jesseandandy09, Thanks!  Yes, extremely suck-tacular (totally adding that to my vocabulary now).  Hopefully the new meds kick this crap in the rear.  DS #1 and #2 are thankfully still healthy!  DD is back to her normal crazy self, and DH is well...you know how men are when they are sick...LOL!! 

I hope they get it straight before "crunch time" comes.  I keep telling myself that my body knows when 37wks is, and if I make it to that date based on my LMP, then I'm good.  LOL

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"