November 2015 Moms
Options

Feeling disappointed in myself...

Hey all,

So I felt like I had to vent and who better to understand than you all?:)  I have been an avid runner for a while now and since I got pregnant, I have tried to keep up as best as I could (Doc said it was  fine, etc. etc.) but lately I just do not have the energy to run.  I'm 8w4d and today, my husband and I tried to go for a run and I barely made it a half mile--I'm SO frustrated with myself and disappointed--and we ended up walking the rest of the way.  Which is fine, I enjoy walking and it's beautiful out but I feel like I'm not getting a good enough workout.  I am just literally exhausted all day and could sleep the entire time.  Plus I'm always hungry so basically I feel fat and lazy.  Any advice?  Thanks guys.

Re: Feeling disappointed in myself...

• Options
    You're pregnant, give yourself a break. Even if you just walk everyday, that is fantastic and probably more than most people do. If your body says you are tired, then rest!
  • Options

I also hear that we will get our energy back in 2nd tri. Though our bellies will eventually get in the way.

I'm also very active. Luckily, I've been able to maintain most of my activity...my issue now is my eating. Always super healthy but now, when I eat, I want carbs. I at least keep it to complex carbs but stillll, I know I'm taking in more than I need. It's just the only thing that doesn't make me gag.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"