November 2015 Moms
Options

6 wks with Brown Discharge

mels323mels323 member
edited March 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Hi! I am 6 wks 2 days and this morning after I wiped I found a brown discharge. I called the dr and they advised not to worry, but I can't help but be nervous. I have an appt on Friday luckily for a consultation. I have been through 2 miscarriages and 1 healthy pregnancy...none previously had this discharge. Has anyone else experienced this and is all ok?

Re: 6 wks with Brown Discharge

• Options
    I experienced the same at 5 weeks.. When I wiped there was brown discharge .. My Dr however thought it could be a miscarriage.. I went for a scan and only seen gestinational sac and yolk sac and I was measuring at 5 weeks(thought I was 6w at the time) he was worried there was no fetal pole... So the next week I went and there baby and heartbeat!
  • Options
    I had brown discharge before after my ectopic pregnancy. They say the brown discharge is old blood. Could be from the implantation bleeding. If the doctor says not to worry. Then don't worry. The more you worry, it will drive yourself crazy and make the worst happen
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had brown discharge when I was about 6 weeks. Went away after a couple days. Just had 9 week scan everything's perfect.
  • Options
    I had a brown discharge consistently for almost two weeks between weeks 5-7. I'm now in my 8th week brown spotting had gone and white discharge has appeared known as luchorea. ( I believe that's the spelling) . I was a wreck of nerves but I had a miscarriage 3 years ago at 10 weeks and it didn't start brown spotting it was pink and blood streaked and got heavier. I pray a lot and put faith in god because at the end of the day that's all I have.
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks and had brown discharge this past weekend, i went in to see dr and had an u/s and saw the baby and the heartbeat! its all good. i had actual bleeding with my last pregnancy at 6 weeks and had to go in for a rhogam shot. my blood type was not compatable with my babys blood type so i needed rhogam throughout my pregnancy. that is another thing to consider, i asked for it this time but he said only if the color becomes red like a period. im half expecting it anyway since it happened last time - but brown is nothing to worry about. good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hap light pink darker pink and brown discharge during week 6-8 and when I told her about she said it's all just some implantation bleeding and it's all ok...I kinda worried at the moment and as long as you don't look up crap on the Internet your good lol
  • Options
    Thank you all. I appreciate your stories and reassurance.
  • Options
    I had brown discharge yesterday and I'm 7w6d as of today. This is pregnancy #4 for me and this has never happened. I've read that brown discharge is pretty common and nothing to be alarmed about. It's the bright red blood you should be worried about. Try not to freak yourself out because it's only going to make you feel worse. I know, easier said than done!! 
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, I think I am just 6w and had the same thing yesterday.. My dr said it could be post coital bleeding (after sex).. If it turns red and you have cramping then worry and go to hospital. It's very stressful - just hang in there :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"