August 2015 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Who (or what) wins the badge of honor in your life today?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Same girl who told me I would end up on bed rest because of an anterior placenta walks up to me today while I am enjoying my one cup of coffee and says "you know with all the problems in your pregnancy you should really be more careful about what you eat and drink". Ummmm all the problems? I didn't even have morning sickness and the only minor issue I have is marginal cord insertion which she doesn't even know about.
  • My day care provider.  I love her generally, but today, I wanted to slap her!  Yes, I know I have a large belly, but you rubbing it and making a point to say "how big" I am...is NOT helping the situation.  Kindly kiss my backside...since it hasn't had a chance to "grow" yet this pregnancy....ugh!!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Upper management at work takes the badge today.  They have royally f'd up our program in the last year and keep changing out managers, but sometimes leave us with incompetent ones.  This morning they announced a new manager for our department in an email that they forgot to send to us, but sent to the rest of the site, then they forwarded it to us as an afterthought.  They overlook telling us stuff all the time.  It would be nice if they just once came over and gave us the news in person, so that we aren't all shocked every single time.  My job has royally sucked in the last year and is about to get a whole lot worse now that they are reclassifying me and giving me a ton more work.  I am starting to count down the days until I can stay at home with my little girl instead.  I just wish I could do it right after she is born instead of staying on a few extra months; that yearly bonus had better be worth it this time.
  • My boss who seems to always find the negative about children and has nothing positive to say. I try to avoid talking about my baby with her because I don't want to hear what she has to say. Always poppin my bubble!
  • My MIL gets it this week. During our first pregnancy she told an entire side of the family about the pregnancy first...at our wedding. This time around, we made sure to spell it out to her to keep info to herself (and esp off Facebook) until she sees it out there from us. Yesterday we found out we're having a little boy and announced it but left out his name. Today she has it plastered on Facebook. I get that she's excited at the possibility that he is named after her deceased husband, but I never even told her yet that I had agreed to the name. When asked to take it down by my husband she instead "edited" it (so it's still technically there) and then made another post about "incurring her daughter-in-law's wrath" and to forget what they had seen.
  • My insurance company, for making it all kinds of difficult to file a claim for ambulance transport which I KNOW they fully cover.
  • My MIL who is convinced that the reason our screening came back positive for downs (1 of 110) is because I don't eat enough and bc I drank on thanksgiving. I wasn't even pregnant for that holiday but she insist she knows my menstural cycles better than me and my doctor! I wasn't really panicking about the quad screening but she is making it so much more stressful.
  • To my father who told me I'm selfish because I am not marrying the father of my child. My father has not played a role in my life besides when it's convenient so I'm not sure where he gets off thinking he can tell me about selfish. Besides, it would not be in my sons best interest for me to marry his father considering he's extremely flakey and not the worlds best boyfriend in the first place!
  • The person who screwed up my AS appt today. Now I have to choose whether to wait another 3.5 weeks to find out if this baby has a genetic condition or I have to tell my daughter that "no, sorry sweetheart. I can't take you to your swim lesson anymore. Yes, the swim lesson I've promised you for a month now." I am so mad that someone is making me choose between my children. I just want to scream!

This sucks. Is there someone that can bring your DD to swim lessons and you can meet them there after your appt?
  • Miz_Liz said:

The person who screwed up my AS appt today. Now I have to choose whether to wait another 3.5 weeks to find out if this baby has a genetic condition or I have to tell my daughter that "no, sorry sweetheart. I can't take you to your swim lesson anymore. Yes, the swim lesson I've promised you for a month now." I am so mad that someone is making me choose between my children. I just want to scream!

This sucks. Is there someone that can bring your DD to swim lessons and you can meet them there after your appt?

Yes, there is, but it's parent led swim lessons so they would have to go in with her and no one else to watch DD2. The hospital does not allow children under 6 to attend any ultrasounds so I can't take them with me either.

Well that definitely sucks! Maybe call them next week to see if they have had any cancellations and can squeeze you in another day?
  • Went to see my ob yesterday and they told me they can't see me unless I pull 3000$ out of my butt because they don't deal with pending Medicaid and normally this wouldn't bother me but I'm sick and had questions for my dr. Not to mention that I just turned my app in in the beginning of this month so I won't be able to see my ob till may or later.
  • My body and my OB are tying today for biggest twatwaffle. If my body could stop bleeding for what now appears to be no apparent reason and sending me into a crippling panic - that would be outstanding! And if my OB would call me back so I could talk to her (read: flip the fuck out) about said bleeding, that would also be super great. I left a message and email for her at 6am before the office was even open, and now it's 4pm, so ya know... WTF?!

Award for the coolest baby in town, however, goes to my little girl... For continuing to kick around and let me know she's ok. Clearly she's on mom's team - unlike my body and my OB. GRRR.
  • Stairs, something that was so simple pre pregnancy shouldn't be so exhausting! I hate them now.
  • My next door neighbor... she politely walks over as I'm vacuuming out my car and says "WOW I didn't realize you were so far along! You look like you could go any day now!" I'm only 19w 6d...
  • To the leasing company we had an appointment with at 4:30 to view a house. They completely stood us up today. No phone call, nothing. Called the answering service and they were most apologetic. Told me they would contact the agent and have them call us right back. Most unprofessional company ever. Wouldn't bother trying to rent the property, but there's four of us in the apartment now, and baby girl is due the beginning of August, so we need the space now :(
  • SaratiffSaratiff member
    edited March 2015
    The ED nurse who transferred my patient. Didn't put the patient on droplet precautions no where in the note or our system did it say she was tested for flu. Didn't tell me in report nothing. So I bring the patient up admitted her for reasons other than flu. Well I get the critical test result she is positive for flu. And she had the flu shot. I am so mad!!! They never would have given her to me because I'm pregnant :-(

And my sister who I love but is getting married August 2016 and keeps asking me to choose a bridesmaid dress.... Are you kidding me?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My boss who looked like a deer in the headlights when I told her I would be taking maternity leave starting in Aug and that instead of being 3/4 time, next school year I would only be able to work half time. She then said, "Oh...well...I don't know...um I'll see."
    THROAT PUNCH!
  • My lab director.  She announced major work schedule changes today (conveniently on my day off).  It took almost a year for me to get down to part-time hours after making the request (and having her tell me she supported the idea) and now that I'm finally at part-time she's changing my shift from 10-hour days to 8-hour days.  So I'll essentially be working only one day less a pay period than I was when I was full-time but be making half the money.  She also made a bunch of other changes to our department schedule that are just awful.  They make her look good to upper management, but are detrimental to workflow and patient care.  I was about 75% sure I wouldn't be returning after this baby is born....and these changes now make it 100% positive.  Now I just need to decide if I'll stick it out until baby is born, or give my notice early.  I'm so upset right now, and I know part of it may be the pregnancy hormones, but I'm just livid.  Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't working today for the meeting because I'm pretty sure I would have just walked out.  
  • schup156 said:

My lab director.  She announced major work schedule changes today (conveniently on my day off).  It took almost a year for me to get down to part-time hours after making the request (and having her tell me she supported the idea) and now that I'm finally at part-time she's changing my shift from 10-hour days to 8-hour days.  So I'll essentially be working only one day less a pay period than I was when I was full-time but be making half the money.  She also made a bunch of other changes to our department schedule that are just awful.  They make her look good to upper management, but are detrimental to workflow and patient care.  I was about 75% sure I wouldn't be returning after this baby is born....and these changes now make it 100% positive.  Now I just need to decide if I'll stick it out until baby is born, or give my notice early.  I'm so upset right now, and I know part of it may be the pregnancy hormones, but I'm just livid.  Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't working today for the meeting because I'm pretty sure I would have just walked out.  

My job made some horrible organizational changes that ultimately helped me make the decision to be a SAHM - something I had struggled with wanting to do for a long time but couldn't get myself to because I made good money. Long story short, it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I never would have pulled the plug on my own I don't think and I am really enjoying staying home with my DS who is 2.5. Before I felt like I was missing so much of his life because I would get home so late and leave before he was even awake. And I am so excited to not have to worry about going back to work after DD is born. Sorry you are going through this, but my point is in the long run it may be the best thing that could happen to you if it is something you were already struggling with and/or debating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"