October 2015 Moms

dating ultrasound tomorrow- what to expect

I have my first ultra sound tomorrow for dating (I'm probably between 9 and 10 wks) what should I expect?? The office said it would take 45 min...I thought it was much faster than that (according to movies lol) what takes so long?

Re: dating ultrasound tomorrow- what to expect

• For my dating U/S, they did both an abdominal scan and a transvaginal one, and with both they took a LOT of measurements. They look at a lot more than just baby, or at least, they did for me. They measured my ovaries at both scans, did a scan of my entire uterus on both, and then finally we were able to really see baby and hear the heartbeat :) I'm not sure how long it took total, but it took a while for sure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok that makes sense! I think I'm only having abdominal. I'm nervous about having to have a full bladder (32oz of water they said!!) and holding it the whole time LOL!!! It'll be worth it to see the baby though
  • Loading the player...
  • They did a tv scan when I went. They measured a lot of areas and I got to hear the heart beat it was awesome. It took a little while but I got to see the baby the majority of the time so I was cool with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"