Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleeping through the night but now...

My (almost) 2 mo old is sleeping from 9pm-6or7am. My ped says as long as she's happy and gaining lbs that were ok! My question is now that she's STTN, she barely naps during the day and wants to feed every 2-2.5 hours. (Used to go 3hr In between feeds) is this normal? What kind of napping can I expect now that she's sleeping so much at night?? I don't want her to sleep too much or not enough during daytime.

Re: Sleeping through the night but now...

• Daytime sleep shouldn't affect nighttime sleep until at least a year old. It just makes daytime a PITA.

Honestly? Take whatever you can get until 4 months old. That's when the real fun begins.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My baby is 4.5mo and pretty much from the beginning she had her longest sleep stretches at night. I put her to sleep around 8pm and get her up in the morning around 8am. She still eats 2x overnight but stays in bed basically 12hrs. That in turns means that her day time naps are short and more frequent. She sleeps 30mins max at a time and eats every 2hrs.

My DD1 was the same way sleep wise but somehow ate every 3hrs - I guess she was able to take in larger feedings.
  • Loading the player...
  • BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited March 2015

What can you expect? Nothing! Just go with the flow because before you know it, this will change. Enjoy the sleep and let her eat whenever she wants to. Whether it's a lot during the day, or the night, just go with it.

My DD was STTN from 4 weeks, until 4 months then the shit hit the fan. Glad I enjoyed the sleep while I had it ;)

• And you can't force a baby of any age to nap so just watch for tired cues and ATTEMPT to get her to sleep. That's all you  can do.
  • Great advice. Thanks!! Wonder why the mess hits the fan at 4 months for you guys. I will certainly enjoy this while I can. :)
  • Great advice. Thanks!! Wonder why the mess hits the fan at 4 months for you guys. I will certainly enjoy this while I can. :)

Probably the 4 month sleep-regression. It's a bitch.

• kelseypie said:

Great advice. Thanks!! Wonder why the mess hits the fan at 4 months for you guys. I will certainly enjoy this while I can. :)

Probably the 4 month sleep-regression. It's a bitch.
    Yep. This. Plus teething, learning to roll, being more active. Everything is constantly changing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"