Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

So confused !

Sunshine705Sunshine705 member
edited March 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi everyone,

So my period is now 2 days late. I have no pms symptoms at all. I'm 16 days past approximate ovulation and I'm day 31 in this cycle.
I had what I thought was my period on the 1st, but it was very short and light. I've had extremely sensitive nipples for weeks now. Yesterday I was cooking meat for dinner and I almost threw up.
Any thoughts? Could I still be pregnant even though I had a negative test. I'm also two months post partum since I lost my infant son.
Thanks ladies !

Re: So confused !

• Options
    Hi, very sorry for your loss.
    Was the light bleeding your first period?
  • Options
    Hello!  First of all, I am very sorry for your loss.  Were you charting your temps to confirm when you ovulated?  The rule of thumb is that if you are pregnant enough for symptoms then you are pregnant enough to turn a test.  I would just eliminate any question and go pick up a test.  Also, for future reference, asking if you are pregnant is against the community TOU.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi everyone,

So my period is now 2 days late. I have no pms symptoms at all. I'm 16 days past approximate ovulation and I'm day 31 in this cycle.
    I had what I thought was my period on the 1st, but it was very short and light.
    I've had extremely sensitive nipples for weeks now. Yesterday I was cooking meat for dinner and I almost threw up.
    Any thoughts? Could I still be Fpregnant even though I had a negative test. I'm also two months post partum since I lost my infant son.
    Thanks ladies !

First off, I am very sorry for your loss. 

Was it heavy enough that you needed a pad or tampon? If so, that was probably your period. I don't have experience with PP periods, but I would assume that it is going to take a little while for your body to sort everything out, which may mean that you experience periods that aren't "normal" for you. 

If you haven't been charting/temping, you really have no way of knowing when you ovulated, so you could be 16 dpo, or you may have ovulated a little later. Everyone's experience is different, but I will tell that you that I have always experienced sensitive breasts prior to AF. Now that I am TTC I am even more aware of my pre-menstrual symptoms. Symptom spotting will drive you nuts. As PP have said, if you are pregnant enough to have symptoms, you should be pregnant enough to turn a test.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    It was very light and was only 5 days.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you ❤️. No I haven't been charting them. I'll wait a few more days and see if my period turns up.
    I apologize for breaking that rule, thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I would definitely start charting. Buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and a BBT thermometer. You'll be amazed at the peace of mind you get from knowing what your body is doing. It takes most of the guesswork out of TTC. Best of luck!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Okay thank you for the tips ! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you btw, it's been hard. It was my 1st baby so I'm not sure how my periods will be now.

• Options

If you needed a pad or tampon that was your period.
    You can use "quote" instead of "reply" so people know who you are responding to.
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options

If you needed a pad or tampon that was your period.
    You can use "quote" instead of "reply" so people know who you are responding to.
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Okay, so it was a period then. Oh okay! Thanks I'm new to this message board thing.

• Options
    mrskal said:

Hi, very sorry for your loss.
    Was the light bleeding your first period?

Yes, the light bleeding was my first period since I had my son. I know they will be different now but, it's a little confusing.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I haven't had any pms symptoms at all. No cramps or anything. Can anyone relate ?
  • Options

I haven't had any pms symptoms at all. No cramps or anything. Can anyone relate ?

The symptoms you described in your original post could be pms symptoms.  Without taking a test, there isn't anyway to know.  Early pregnancy symptoms can only be confirmed in hindsight.  I understand that you'd like to wait a few days to see if AF comes, but it might set your mind at ease to just take a test.  You can get a cheapie at Walmart for 88 cents.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Our bodies aren't machines. 

How do you know that you are 16 dpo? If you are in fact that far past ovulation, I second taking a test. It's the only way you'll know. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    I have had months where I've had zero PMS symptoms.  Other months, I've gained 7lbs of water weight and my boobs have hurt and I've been moody and hungry.

Stuff comes and goes for no reason sometimes.

And I'm so sorry for your loss
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"