August 2015 Moms

Spelling of a name

GooblinGooblin member
edited March 2015 in August 2015 Moms
My middle name is Lee pasted down thru 6 generations and I wanted one of my daughters to have it too but non of the names we like go with Lee so I was trying to see if I could get away with a different spelling of Callie middle name Rae

Spelling of a name 87 votes

Callie
77% 67 votes
Kallee
11% 10 votes
Kalli
11% 10 votes

Re: Spelling of a name

• depending on your last name, I don't see why you couldn't still do Callie Lee.  Callie Rae is cute too,but if you were looking to keep your tradition alive, use it!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I also think Callie Lee is fine. Lee goes with everything. It is my husband and step-daughter middle names.
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely Callie.  The other two will get mispronounced half the time which will be very annoying for her!
  • Callie, well because it's an awesome way to spell it...and that's my name ;)
  • Definitely Callie.  The other two will get mispronounced half the time which will be very annoying for her!

My oldest's name is Hallie, and it gets missed pronounced all the time, I don't think it would be any different if her name ended with a y, i, or ee.

I prefer Callie and I think Lee or Rae are both good for a middle name.
  • My BIL & SIL named their daughter Natalee Rae, spelling it with the Lee ending for the same reason.

To be honest, it's always driven me crazy as I'm a big stickler for spelling, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. How about still using the "C" and spelling it Callee?
  • Oh I like Callee better than Kallee for sure now but I guess people are right. The original spelling won't be as confusing and I'm sure I will get less harrasment from my sisters since they are English majors and ones an editor and it would drive them insane :P I don't think Callie Lee sounds right , esspecially with our last name, so I'll just go with Callie Rae and if she or her sister want to add Lee to their name they can do it themselves later in life :P thanks for the input everyone! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"