March 2015 Moms

Carriers - just looking for opinions

I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 carrier (found at Target) and/or the ErgoBaby Original?  I'm having problems deciding and I should have bought it already.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated as I also am having issues finding anything on the Eddie Bauer one.

Re: Carriers - just looking for opinions

• Ergo for sure. I believe the Eddie Bauer is a narrow-based carrier, yes? The Ergo will likely be much more comfortable for you and baby.

• Definitely the ergo. I've used three different carriers and ERGO is by far the best. Plus, it can be used from birth to 45lbs!
  • Loading the player...
  • It was also recommended by our orthopedic pediatrician! Good for the hips!!!
  • ERGO!! I'm a FTM and I love my Ergo. I wear it in grocery stores and it's so much better than carrying the car seat in. I looked at the Eddie Bauer one but there were no reviews on it anywhere! But the ergo is phenomenal and I can get baby in it by myself and quickly! It's nothing short of magic on her cranky days!
  • Awesome! Thanks ladies! I'll probably get the Ergo thanks to you awesome ladies!
  • Any thoughts between the Ergo Original and the Ergo 360?
  • aigarrett said:

Any thoughts between the Ergo Original and the Ergo 360?

I believe the only difference is the 360 allows you to front face babies. Some kids really enjoy that position, but many find it too stimulating. For the price difference, I prefer the original. Once my LG was old enough to front face, I just carried her on my back anyways. If you want ALL the positions, go with the 360. Be sure to use the infant insert if your baby doesn't meet the weight requirement. Happy baby wearing!
  • I'd go with the original.

• I looked at the 360 but it wasn't worth the price difference in my book... I love the original :)
  • I wish I had the ergo 360 with my first. It would have been worth the money for sure. My daughter HATED facing in towards me .. To the point where I never got to use it even though I loved it. But this baby so far seems to be a fan of swaddling and facing towards me. I do LOVE the ergo . But if you're wanting the ability to let baby face out (especially as they get older) and have the money get the 360
  • adelems said:

I wish I had the ergo 360 with my first. It would have been worth the money for sure. My daughter HATED facing in towards me .. To the point where I never got to use it even though I loved it. But this baby so far seems to be a fan of swaddling and facing towards me. I do LOVE the ergo . But if you're wanting the ability to let baby face out (especially as they get older) and have the money get the 360

The only thing about that is, that ergo only recommends forward facing for 15 minutes at a time. I feel like if I had a baby that ONLY would be worn ff, it just wouldn't even be worth it. When I wear (and I know many are the same), it's usually out of necessity and for long periods of time. The 360 is probably best used for situations like at a zoo or something, so you can turn baby around to see better every so often or something. Even still, it just doesn't seem worth it enough to spring for one, IMO.

• kelseypie said:

adelems said:

I wish I had the ergo 360 with my first. It would have been worth the money for sure. My daughter HATED facing in towards me .. To the point where I never got to use it even though I loved it. But this baby so far seems to be a fan of swaddling and facing towards me. I do LOVE the ergo . But if you're wanting the ability to let baby face out (especially as they get older) and have the money get the 360

The only thing about that is, that ergo only recommends forward facing for 15 minutes at a time. I feel like if I had a baby that ONLY would be worn ff, it just wouldn't even be worth it. When I wear (and I know many are the same), it's usually out of necessity and for long periods of time. The 360 is probably best used for situations like at a zoo or something, so you can turn baby around to see better every so often or something. Even still, it just doesn't seem worth it enough to spring for one, IMO.
    Oh! I didn't read that little side note of information! Definitely doesn't seem worth it then... I wonder why they don't want them forward facing?

It seems most kids are completely fine facing in, my first was a truly strange one haha. She refused to sleep anywhere but her bed , she hated the car, didn't like to be held, and never wanted to face in. :-? Strange kid haha
  • I use a boba wrap and love it!
  • I just got mine in the mail and it honestly looks a little intimidating lol. I'm worried if I don't wrap it exactly right, baby is going to fly out!
  • We have an ergo but my daughter is almost 4 weeks now and she loves being carried in the Moby wrap. My husband will probably carry her in the Ergo when she gets a little bigger but I'll more than likely stick with the wrap.
  • The MOBY wrap is nice. Only drawbacks for me were how hot baby and I got, and when she hit a certain weight, my shoulders starting aching. The Ergo keeps baby much cooler and the padding is excellent. No complaints and my oldest is 27 months. Plus, the MOBY wrap takes a while to set up. The ergo had 3 buckles, boom -DONE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"