July 2015 Moms

Baby shower Gifts

so I've gotten most of the expensive stuff I'll need. Now all I lack is an infant swing, a baby wrap or carrier, a bath, a bottle bag, & then just little stuff. Do you guys think I'll get all of that for my shower? I'm really hoping I don't have to spend much more money.. But I don't think that's asking for a lot?!

Re: Baby shower Gifts

• qtjo5qtjo5 member
    You will be surprised what people will buy you. Just wait it out and after if you still need items you may accumulate a good amount of gift cards to go towards the rest of the big stuff!
  • You should get gift cards and people like to go in on gifts together.. So I would wait and see before you buy any more.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really just hoping for the swing & carrier because those are more expensive!
  • yeah i'd wait before buying them.  You don't need them right away, so even if you don't get them for a shower, you can order them after baby is born and just have them delivered if you don't want to leave the house.  my swing was the first item purchased off my registry. 
  • Honestly, I say wait and see. And a swing isn't really a necessity. DD ended up hating hers and it was just wasted money. Maybe see if you can borrow one for a week, or even just an afternoon, before buying one (if you don't get one at your shower).
  • I haven't bought much. Just a few outfits. I'm waiting to see what else I'll need after my showers.
  • I had my baby shower this past Saturday and we got a lot of things for our baby girl BUT only 2 people actually used our registry and we got some things that we needed and some things that we didn't. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Either way you need to get what the baby needs whether or not someone gets them for you or not.
  • Definitely. Make sure you register somewhere! That will make it a lot easier on people buying you gifts AND you get what you want. I plan to register at Babies R Us - the nice thing about the registries also is that people can shop online!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"