November 2015 Moms
Options

Announcing

grapesoda1111grapesoda1111 member
edited March 2015 in November 2015 Moms
thinking of announcing on Mother's Day.. I'll be about 14 wks. Any fun ideas? We've been married for about 3 months, he's 24 and I'm 22.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Announcing

• Options
    mmk29mmk29 member
    I was planning on announcing then too! I already have a little boy so I bought him a big brother shirt and I'll probably just post a picture of him in his shirt. Have you looked at Pinterest? They have some really cute ideas for both the crafty and not so crafty.
  • Options
    We are getting our mom's Mother's necklaces with the grandkids birthstones on them. There will be an extra one on there that's a Nov birthstone. That's how we are announcing it on Mother's Day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I have gotten a few ideas from Pinterest! This sign that you make "this year for Mother's Day, I got morning sickness. Baby ____ due November" but wasn't sure I loved it.. Want to do something crafty and creative :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've brought these really cool wine bottle labels for the grandparents and sisters from Etsy
  • Options
    We announced on Mother's Day with our first. I just got my mom a card saying something about how I hoped I would be half the mother she was. And then in the bottom I wrote "we'll find out January 2012." Simple but still made her cry. I don't think she understood at first.
  • Options
    I'm planning on announcing easter to my inlaws, having them over for lunch and bringing out a bottle of moet champagne (for everyone but me to celebrate) and handing them a little photo brag book with a pic of our ulstrasound in it to start it off. But for the online freinds announcement we are doing something more creative with a blackboard and some baby jordan shoes which we bought in the US last year in june. I would definitely recommend pinterest for ideas, they have heaps!!
  • Options
    We are telling our immediate families this weekend for Easter, I'll be 9 1/2 weeks.  I think I want to wait until after my second ultrasound (April 23rd) to tell everyone else.  I'll be a full 12 weeks then.
  • Options
    YummeeCookeeYummeeCookee member
    edited April 2015
    I was living overseas when I had DD, so I didnt get the fun of telling family in person. But on Mothers Day 2013, I phoned over to where my family were all celebrating a Mothers Day cookout, asked to speak to my grandmother to wish her happy mothers day, then told her that her mothers day gift was that she was going to become a great grandmother. Of course, she lost and was so elated.

BabyGaga

• Options
    All our immediate family members know already. :-) it'll most likely just be a Facebook announcement sometime. Not sure when.
  • Options
    Only our 4 kids and a couple of close friends know. We are waiting until after our first appt. next week to tell family. I miscarried at 7 weeks last December, so I think we're just being superstitious.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"