June 2015 Moms

How many people at your shower?

I feel like we are inviting a lot of women but my husbands family is really big and I have a lot of close girlfriends. Right now I'm at 50-55.

Re: How many people at your shower?

• @surfingmama there was a really good discussion on this about March 17. Try looking up "how many shower guests" in the search function. Good luck!
  • I'm actually having 3 baby showers - my mom and sisters are hosting one, my MIL is hosting one, and my coworkers at my internship have generously decided to host a small one, I'm not sure when it is though. I haven't seen the guests lists for any of these, but my impression is that my MIL's is going to be 30-40 people, I think my mom said hers is about the same, and the one for my internship will probably be around 10 people tops. So that's a total of almost 100! I'm so thankful that there are so many people in my life who support me and my family and who are excited about my little girl's arrival! I'm also really thankful that all of these showers are split up because I think that a single shower with 100 people would be really overwhelming. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just had my shower yesterday and there was just over 60 people
  • I had my first of two showers yesterday and I think there were about 25 people there. I think the number will be around the same for the shower my MIL is throwing at the end of May.
  • I had my shower yesterday. My mom invited about 50 and I think about 40-45 came
  • My first shower with DD was huge! About 75 people, my sister is throwing me a sprinkle this time, so about 20
  • Ugh we just sent out invites to 100 people! And that's only super close friends and family. We each have 4 families since each of our parents are divorced and remarried. I thought it would be too much to have separate showers since our families get along so well anyways. We have to have ours memorial weekend since that's the only weekend my sister could come up from Florida so we aren't expecting everyone to show
  • My mom is throwing my baby shower and she isn't letting me have a say in my guest list (which really ticks me off) I know I should be grateful but I know my mom will invite a bunch of her friends which won't even see my daughter after she's born and she will throw it all together a month or less before hand (also ticks me off) my friends I have mostly met through my job (I'm a certified nursing assistant) and need more of a notice than that so they could take off if need be so we have just been arguing about how many people and who will come soo at this point I have no idea
  • inviting 55, expecting 45-50. I have heard many going over 100! so don't worry about it! Feel lucky!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• 10-15
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Forty people were invited however I expect 20-25 to come. Ten of those forty live out of state. I want a really laid back shower - my friend is throwing it at our house. It's being catered by one of my favorite restaurants. Display only, no games - unless it's fun lawn/drinking games (haha keeping it classy). We will have a mimosa/bloody mary bar and since there will be other preggers there we will have a "mocktail" bar. I really wanted it to just be a party! Afterward, all spouses are invited for a BBQ.I can't wait! 
  • We had 5 showers (I KNOW... insane).  My family was about 40, my husbands was about 25, my work was 10, his work was about 15 and our friends was about 25-30 (co-ed BBQ).  It was intense. 
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• 75 invites for my big shower. I wanted one and done. We're anticipating 50-60 people. My coworkers are also throwing me one too, there are about 20 of us in the department.

• I had 16 guests at my 'friends' shower this past weekend and will be having about 30 at my family shower on the 18th. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I find this thread more uncomfortable than the "weight" thread! Is that weird? It's making me feel awkward at how small my shower will be....
  • hoodoll82 said:

I find this thread more uncomfortable than the "weight" thread! Is that weird? It's making me feel awkward at how small my shower will be....

To be completely honest with you, I prefer small showers - they're more intimate. Mine are big out of necessity, my husband and I both have huge families so to include everyone the hosts had to have big guest lists.
  • @hoodoll82 you can have some of my guests, my husband's family is inviting 185 to mine and every time I think about it I have to make myself breathe or I'll have a panic attack. I'd much prefer something small and intimate
  • hoodoll82 said:

I find this thread more uncomfortable than the "weight" thread! Is that weird? It's making me feel awkward at how small my shower will be....

Yeah. I'm not begrudging you ladies your showers - far from it, I'm actually very happy for you to be surrounded by friends and family and people who love you. Maybe not so much those of you who have people you hardly know coming, but its still a party, and all for you! Have fun, ladies
  • bartonoliviabartonolivia member
    edited March 2015
    I'm having 3 baby showers. My mom is hosting one, my step mom the other, and my mother in law the third. I believe adoind 30 (different) people will be coming to each one!
  • hoodoll82 said:

Ditto. I'm not having a shower and I've been down about it for months.
  • I'm having two. One for co-workers and friends and it will be co-ed. Expecting about 40 for this one. The other is more for family and church family. This one will be women-only and we're expecting about 75.

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"