Trying to Get Pregnant

D&C

I miscarried on 3/11, and I'm still bleeding quite heavily on and off. Yesterday I had almost black blood come out, but today it was bright red again. I called my OB and he doesn't seem worried about it. I go tomorrow for bloodwork to check my numbers. Anyone have advice on whether I should ask for a D&C? I don't want to damage anything but I'm afraid of infection. It's been 19 days.

Re: D&C

• I would wait & watch. You want to avoid any surgical intervention unless absolutely necessary. I'm sorry you are going through this.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• If you are bleeding like period or heavier, you don't need a d&c unless you have symptoms of infection. It sounds like your uterus is responding appropriately though. When I had my mc I bled for about 10 days, but everyone's different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you know if you'll be getting an US tomorrow too? That can give you an indication if everything is clearing out as it should. For me it gave me some piece of mind to see what was happening.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.

• 4N6s4N6s member
    I'd ask for an ultra sound and cytotec before a d&c. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Thank you for all your information! I appreciate it greatly.
  • I am in the same position. I miscarried on 3/10 and am still bleeding. I went for an ultra sound the week after is started and they said there was a little bit left and to wait and see. So I'm still waiting to see what happens. I'd prefer to not have any medical intervention unless absolutely necessary. I would just wait and make sure you aren't getting a fever and watch for infection. I also asked for another ultra sound just to make sure everything is going okay. I think some bodies just take a little longer than others. I completely understand the frustration though. I can't wait for the bleeding to stop. I hope it stops soon for you.
  • I am in the same position. I miscarried on 3/10 and am still bleeding. I went for an ultra sound the week after is started and they said there was a little bit left and to wait and see. So I'm still waiting to see what happens. I'd prefer to not have any medical intervention unless absolutely necessary. I would just wait and make sure you aren't getting a fever and watch for infection. I also asked for another ultra sound just to make sure everything is going okay. I think some bodies just take a little longer than others. I completely understand the frustration though. I can't wait for the bleeding to stop. I hope it stops soon for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am getting very impatient with the bleeding. I hope yours stops as well.
  • I have no advice, just know how sorry I am for what you are going through
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"