July 2015 Moms
Options

Car seat in a single cab?

When my SO and I found out the big news he was all over the fact that he will have to get a different vehicle for when the LO comes. Currently he drives a single cab Toyota pick up truck (similar to the pic attached). Well, low and behold his father has since told him he can just put the car seat in the front seat. I am pretty particular on this subject just because I was in a very bad car accident when I was young and car safety is a big deal for me. I my self drive a 4 door Honda Civic, so, we at least have that. But the idea of an infant in the front seat of a vehicle just makes me uneasy... I guess my question(s) are: Where can I find info on this subject? What are your thoughts/ experiences with this? Am I just being too mamma bear-ish? Please help!

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    Thanks a ton ladies! I wouldn't have even considered it either... I just don't want to be over reacting to something that people may do all the time. FTM here so I don't know which way is up ;) haha Plus since his dad has mentioned it he doesn't think it's necessary at all :/ I'll just have to change his other mind about this one :)
  • Options
    June lurking here: I actually currently drive a single cab Ford Ranger, we're scrambling to find a way to make car payments fit in our budget, since we won't have the down payment we were hoping for, BUT the worst case scenario for me is I turn the passenger air bags off, and my truck has the LATCH system, so it's equipped for the possibility of a car seat. It's not ideal, but sometimes life hands you lemons, you know. Fortunately my daily commute is maybe 10 minutes with traffic, on surface streets, so we wouldn't have to be in the car long on any given day. 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"