August 2015 Moms

consignment sales

Does anyone else plan on shopping at local consignment sales?  I never knew how big these were until I had my DD.  

I was so excited that the biggest one in our area was the weekend after we find out what we are having.  I am hoping to get a good amount of newborn and 0-3 clothing.  I need this whether we have a boy or girl because my kids' seasons will not match up since DD was born in February.  I also want to watch for a 2nd bouncy seat and possibly a rock n play.  

I would much rather try to get a lot of stuff at the sales than buy everything new.  If I cannot find what I want, then I will shop around.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: consignment sales

• Heck yeah :). I got 8 new outfits for $7!! Say what?! Lol I love finding great deals
  • I bought a few things from swap.com .... It's an online consignment store... Awesome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Almost everything I bought with DS was either consignment sale or yard sale.
  • I've had 2 consignment sales on my calendar for over a month now.  I cannot wait!

• sparks4stpsparks4stp member
    edited March 2015
    Those are my go to shopping events lol. I've been to two in the last month and one trip to Once Upon a Child. Love that place!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just got a ton of stuff at one recently. I love getting deals!
  • I have gone to two and got some great deals on maternity clothes, baby clothes, Moby wrap, diaper bag, and a crib bedding. I will probably go to at least one after the baby shower as well. I have also joined my areas online facebook children's consignment sales. I never knew until recently that all these great resources existed
  • I do plan on shopping there. The one around us is 2 weeks after we find out the gender. I am hoping to find some big ticket items ( High Chair, Playpen, Stroller...)   If I can get big ticket items, I don't feel so bad spending a little extra money for new baby clothes and the money I know I am getting ready to put out for cloth diapers

Baby #2 is due

August 26, 2015

• Yes, they are the best!! Almost everything my daughter wears is consignment sale and she is such a girly girl.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If you are into sales see if you area hosts a "multiples" sale- meant for family who have twins or other multiples they open to the public after all their members have had a chance to shop.
  • I love consignment. I prefer yard sales though. I always find better stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I adore consignment sales and I live at goodwill lol you can find stuff never used if you look hard enough
  • I went to one but wasn't impressed. :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dkizz82 said:

I went to one but wasn't impressed. :/

Keep trying!  Some are better than others.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"