Baby Names

Too much??

We just found out we're having a baby girl!  Our daughter's name is Juniper and my husband has thrown out the suggestion of Maple for this baby.  At first I thought he was crazy, but now the name is growing on me.  I've suggested the name Mabel as it sounds very similar, but he doesn't seem to be a fan.  I'm beginning to really like Maple, but I'm worried is it too much having both of our girls named after trees?  My husband is a forester and we both love nature themed names, but not sure if it's just too bizarre?

Re: Too much??

• I do not care for that as a name. Mabel is a nice name though. I think naming both kids after trees is too much.
    Me:27 DH:27
    Married: May 2013
    TTC#1 since Nov 2014
    MC June 2015
    MC January 2016
    Compound Hetero MTHFR Gene Mutation
  • Maple is ridiculous. If he won't go for Mabel you should just keep looking. What about

Luna
    Dahlia
    Daphne
    Iris
    Aria
    Clementine
    Sage
    Phoebe
    Ivy

• Loading the player...
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I'm sorry, I don't like Maple at all. It's very weird and too out there for me
  • Yep. Too much. Maple is not a good name for a person, I don't care what Nameberry says. Mabel is great alternative.

Here are more nature inspired names...

Avis
    Blossom
    Briar (although, I really don't like this one as it means "thorn bush")
    Clover
    Fern
    Flora or Florence
    Heather
    Iris
    Ivy
    Lake
    Laurel
    Lily
    Marigold
    Meadow
    Primrose
    Poppy
    Posey
    Rain
    Sage
    Willow
    Wren

Of these, my favorite to pair with Juniper in a sib set is Marigold.

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • WAY too much, please dont
  • Thanks for the opinions!  I do have to say that I think some of the other suggestions are a lot weirder than Maple though...Luna?  Poppy?  Lake?  

• I like Laurel best of the suggested names. I think Juniper and Laurel go well together.

I mean, it's a bit hippy, but it's still better then Maple.

I think if you really love Maple, you should stick it in the middle name spot, but I'd just drop it.
  • I love the name Laurel....my husband doesn't.  I cannot agree that Lake is more "legit" than Maple.
  • smeame14 said:

Sorry but that is aweful. Just my opinion

I concur.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Maple is terrible haha.
  • I would stick with the nature theme but maybe not another tree.. Seems a bit much. And honestly I don't think Maple works well as a first name. Maybe a MN?

Too bad your husband doesn't like Laurel! It is by far my favorite naturey name (and it's also a very "legit" name that works well in the professional world). I agree that names like Lake, Poppy, etc. sound pretty silly.

Other than Laurel, I like Iris, Fern, Ivy, Willow, and Wren.
  • Willow and Juniper
    Magnolia and Juniper
    Poppy and Junpier
    Ivy and Juniper
  • I wouldn't do Maple, Willow, Magnolia, or any other tree names. Nature names I like with Juniper: Ivy, Autumn, Clementine, Violet, Lily, Wren, and maybe Meadow.
  • Way too much, sorry. I think you've got a lot of great nature names from pps though. Good luck.
  • NOOOOOO. I feel like we had a thread about this before. Juniper is lovely and very unique. Find a different nature-inspired name (that is actually a name) and go with it.
  • Maple makes me think of syrup first ....
    Aster
    Calla
    Daisy
    Eve
    Holly
    Ivy
    Brooke
    Iris
    Magnolia
    Violet
    Lily
    Rose
    Sage
    Summer
    Sylvia (means wooded)
    Indigo (just my favorite hippie name)
    Willow

Ivy, Willow & Iris are my favorite with Juniper.
  • are you at least canadian?
    Me: 24 years old
    2011 dx: adeno carcinoma of the cervix, cone biopsy to remove tumor
    2011-2014: follow ups with gyn/onc every four months
    Feb 2014: told to consider pregnancy "sooner than later"
    April 2014: start process for IUI with Ottawa Fertility Clinic, HSG all clear
    May 2014: blood work, all good
    June 2014: IUI #1, BFP, c/p 
    July 2014: IUI #2, reaction to hormone in donor sperm, essentially body rejects IUI, bfn
    Nov 2014: Surprise BFP with new b/f
    Dec 2014: ultrasound at 6w5d, got to see my little one's heartbeat at 120bpm
    Jan 2015: 12w ultrasound, measuring well, perfect heartbeat
    Feb 2015: emergency lap coly
    Feb 2015: It's a boy!
    EDD: July 30, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • How about Laurel or Camellia?
  • Personally I've always loved Rowan (plus it's a tree!), but Willow is also lovely :) it's too bad about Laurel, that would be my third pick.

And I love the theme, btw. I guess you could say...I speak for the trees!! lol ;)
  • My middle name is Laurel pronounced Lor-ELLE. Most people mispronounce it by saying it the English way. I like it both ways so I don't really care.