Babies: 3 - 6 Months

5 Month Schedule & Intro

hi Ladies!

I usually post on Multiples and N14 but I am coming to you guys now for some schedule questions. I have twin girls born in October and I am trying to ascertain what kind of "schedule" other almost six month olds are on for now. One of my girls is a great napper and the other is not so I am going to show you the bad napper's schedule. Tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions.

4-5 am: wake. Nurse. Back to sleep for 1-3 hours

8:30: nurse. Get dressed. Play while I nurse other baby

10:30 or 10-45: nap

11:30 or before: wake up screaming.

Noon: nurse. Play while I nurse other baby

2:15: nap

2:45 or before: wake up screaming

3:30: nurse. Play while I nurse other baby.

6:00: bath 2-3 times a week

6:30/6:45: nurse and bedtime around 7 or 7:15.

So does this seem normal to everyone else? I have a 3.5 year old but cannot remember anything anymore so I cannot remember if this is normal or not. Thanks!!

DS born August 2011
TWINS are on the way!

Re: 5 Month Schedule & Intro

• im curious as to how the good sleeper is? what type of schedule there? I made the mistake of (and keep making the mistake) comparing my 2 children to how one does it the other should. Through the boards I have tried the opposite of DD and DS seems to be getting better every day with sleeping. DD hated to be swaddled or loved on. DS lives for it. I know starting off I asked you to compare the two (or just to see the differences in the schedules) but im curious what you have tried different for DD2?
  • I never did a schedule because every time I did the kids would figure me out & revolt. So I let them fall into their own patterns.

Honestly? Babies have individual schedules & needs. This one size fits all thing is only serving to drive many an innocent mother into the ground.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with you @primrosemama, but I have heard that for everyone's sanity, you want to try to get multiples on the same schedule.

OP, it sounds like she is struggling to make it thru more than one sleep cycle at nap. The only way I could solve this was to leave my kids in their crib for a minimum of one hour regardless of when they wake. Sometimes, DS will wake after a sleep cycle (35-45 min), cry for 10 min and then go back to sleep for another hour. This involves some CIO so it isn't for everyone.
  • I think this schedule is very similar to my DD.  My DD only took 2 naps for mostly 45 min at a time, and if I was lucky, gave me a sporadic 2 hr one in the mix.  Mine fed every 2.5 to 3.5 hours and woke up anywhere between 5:30-6:30 as well. I think you have a "normal napper" and "extra easy napper" is how I would describe your twins.
    Baby Birthday Tichttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/junebug555/settings/avatar/Index#ker Ticker
  • I never did a schedule because every time I did the kids would figure me out & revolt. So I let them fall into their own patterns.

Honestly? Babies have individual schedules & needs. This one size fits all thing is only serving to drive many an innocent mother into the ground.

This. 100% agree.

Don't over think this OP. You will just get frustrated.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"