April 2015 Moms

What would you do?

My toddler has croup and is sick and running a little fever. I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant. Should I not be around him? Do I need to be worried about getting sick, mainly because I could have a newborn at any minute who I REALLy don't want to get sick? I called my doctor for advice and they will call me within 4 hours. What would you do?

I can have my mother in law watch him of necessary...

Re: What would you do?

• You have already been exposed, if your going to get sick you will whether you ditch your first born or not. Best bet is to make your days as laid back as possible, encourage fluids in both of you, lots of showers or tubbies and snuggle and watch some movies with your feet up.
  • Agree with the other poster. You are already exposed at this point. And when the new born comes. As much as it does suck, if they get sick they get sick, it's just a miserable part of life and having multiple kids means them getting sick around the same time./together.

I don't know, I just would never consider shooing my 19month old little girl away because she is sick, that's a time when she really needs me.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son had pink eye, a stomach virus, and recently a sinus infection and ear infection. This is all within a few months. I got pink eye as well and also still have some sinus issues that he gave me recently. I really dont want my newborn to come and get a cough or anything from me but its just part of it. He is going to bring home so much from daycare and all i can do to protect my newborn is breastfeed and make sure big brother washes up before touching sissy. Good luck!
  • No I wouldn't ship my first born off when they were sick so I could avoid catching it.  You've probably already caught it anyways.

If they had something super contagious and harmful to an infant, I'd consider having them stay with grandma for a few days when I brought baby home from the hospital...but your baby is still inside so that isn't the case here.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Thanks everyone. That's what I was thinking, just needed some reassurance. Man, there is going to be so much more to think about with TWO!

And just so y'all know, it wasn't 'shipping him off', his grandma live super close, and we spend a ton of time with her. She babysits him when I work, and he sleeps over there a night a week. He loves it and is just as comfy there, as it is his second home.
  • If you a breastfeeding baby gets your ammunities.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"