March 2015 Moms

Healing cut after birth

anyone have any advice to help with the healing process? They cut me and I have 10 stitches. I'm in a lot of pain today it hurts to move. They gave me a spray and some wet little pads and I've been putting that on every time I use the restroom. Any home remedies or ways to relieve the pain? Also Is there any foods I should eat or drink to make it easier to go #2? FTM so im just really scared :/

Re: Healing cut after birth

• For the going #2 I would take a stool softener . My doctor told me they were a must. For foods, high fiber foods.. Dried fruits are good.

For the pain.. Do you have Pinterest? Search Postpartum Padsicles ... Glorious pain relieving ideas! Here are a couple links to start.

https://realnewmom.blogspot.com/2010/11/undie-sundae.html?m=1

https://www.tallmomtinybaby.com/2013/05/padsicles-new-moms-perfect-companion.html?m=1
  • 2Swanns2Swanns member
    edited March 2015
    Take Miralax and use the witch hazel pads (tucks) and hemorrhoid cream on a pad, together. I didn't have hemorrhoids, it's just used to reduce swelling. Did theybgive you a sitz bath? If so, use that once in a while. I had stitches too. It's mostly time that will do the most. It's painful for a couple of weeks...
  • Loading the player...
  • Ice and witch hazel pads are great. With my first the nurse took a newborn diaper, opened it up and packed the inside with crushed ice so it was like a giant frozen pad. Did they give you the ice packs that you crack to get cold- also a good choice.
  • kelseypiekelseypie member
    edited March 2015
    Ice, tucks pads. Absolutely stay on top of taking a stool softener, and just wait until your poop pretty much falls out on its own. Sounds gross, but it will be much easier for you if you don't have to strain. Also make sure you're drinking lots of water.

• All good advice above! Definitely drink lots of water, take stool softeners, use the numbing spray, clean often with the peri bottle, and use the sitz bath.
  • Stool softeners have been my savior with my second degree tear and stitches.. I also used the numbing spray they give you and Earth Mama Angel baby natural spray.. And the tucks wipes. My stepmom who is an L&D nurse did say not to use the tucks wipes all the time though. That it needs to have moments of dryness down there in order to heal! So now I just use them after going #2 and I don't leave them in the pad, just wipe with them. Also, take lots of vitamin c to promote healing.
  • if you up your magnesium it'll make #2 easier - check CALM magnesium drink on amazon.
  • Hot bath soaks (3x/day)with Epsom salt. Tucks pads, Mama Bottom Spray on the huge post natal pads you have to use. I'm also taking 600 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. Lastly, stool softener twice per day. Mine were a prescription. I went #2 three for the first time yesterday (gave birth Monday) and it wasn't that bad. Practiced the same relaxation techniques for labor, sang and talked myself through it. I think I was more scared than anything but everything came out fine- lol. I attribute it to the stool softeners they gave me right after labor. Did your birthing facility give you any direction for caring for your tear?

Hope this helps!
  • I put some witch hazel in my peri bottle & rinsed after every bathroom visit. Sitting on ice packs also really helped. Using preparation h wipes after every go when you start actually wiping again.
  • Make some frozen padsicles with witch hazel and aloe vera, soak in a warm sitz bath a few times a day, use your peri bottle every time you urinate, try to sit as little as possible and keep your legs together if you do-(don't cross your legs or sit Indian style), try to squeeze your buttocks together so you're sitting on your padding and not on your perineum. Limit activity as much as possible so you can heal faster and take ibuprofen round the clock to decrease pain and inflammation. As for bowel movements... Eat lots of fiber, stay hydrated and take a stool softener daily and some magnesium supplements. Dermoplast spray helps too but make sure it's not the one with added antibacterial or it'll kill all your healthy flora and can cause more itching. Hope you feel better soon!
  • High fiber foods will help that BM! Broccoli, spinach (also good for getting that iron!), whole grains, and yes, prune juice. But don't be afraid to take a stool softener!

I had a c-section, but I heard about the padsicles, too, and they sound great! Best wishes on your healing!
    Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"