Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sleeping out with toddler

Hello. My 2 year old is terrible if we have to sleep at someone else's house. We recently visited relatives, who she loves, we have great days and even discuss her sleeping in the pack and play at bedtime. She's all for it but then when bedtime comes she freaks out. I can't get her to go to sleep until 10-1030 (bedtime at home is 815) and not a problem at all. I tell her a bedtime story and put her to bed. I'm sure this is a common problem but does anyone have any ideas on how to help with this? We are getting a beach house this summer for a week so I'm scared about what will happen!!

Re: Sleeping out with toddler

• I found with DS if he was in the same room as me and could hear,smell, sense me he was awake and wanted to be with me. If I put the pack N play in another room, he was my normal sleeping champ. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way after traveling by myself with both kids to my aunt's house on the Cape. A week of no sleep almost did us all in, but the very next month when we went to Denver, I put the pack n play in the living room of the suite of our hotel and he was perfectly fine.
    imageimage
  • ^^ WSS. We have to put DS in a different room and he sleeps fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I did that to start the night but she freaked out. She said she was scared. We are traveling to Florida in a few weeks and she will have her own room in the condo we are staying in. I'm hoping that will help!
    Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"