August 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Movement Question

ive been feeling my baby move for about 2 weeks now (I'm 20 weeks today). But for the last 2 days I haven't felt much movement at all. I have a doppler so I know he's okay, but I've tried drinking cold liquid, eating candy, etc. and am not feeling anywhere close to the amount of movement I was before.

Could he have moved positions? Should I be worried? Just looking for some advice to ease my mind. I don't have my next ultrasound until next Monday (April 6th)

Re: Baby Movement Question

• Options
    Baby movement at this point is sporadic. It's going to come and go which is why Dr. don't normally recommend kick counts until around 28ish (3rd tri) weeks.

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @CaliforniaDream87 thank you for the reassurance. I talked to a nurse on call who basically told me to keep monitoring his heartrate and if it drops below 110 to give them a call, but as of now it's at a good 135 bpm. I think I just need to relax and quit worrying! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister in law reported the same thing a few weeks ago and she went in and had an ultrasound- turns out baby had just flipped and was facing backwards so she wasn't feeling anything. I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    I haven't felt kicks in the last few days like I was and I'm trying to just relax and not worry.
  • Options
    ginger8484ginger8484 member
    edited April 2015
    Last few days my baby hasn't kicked either . I tried all that you mentioned and nothing. I'm 22 weeks tomorrow. I heard that babies at this rate will be sleeping less and movements will be less as well. Plus I'm feeling weird pinching like cramps in lower uterus. I guess she is doing something or my body is preparing:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"