March 2015 Moms

Always wanting to be held/comfort nurser

I don't remember DS needing to be held (by me) this much! DD won't let me put her down for longer than 15 minutes! On top of that she's always wanting to nurse. I know she's not always hungry because she'll fall fast asleep as soon as my nipple is in her mouth. She has between 5-7 wet/dirty diapers a day... So I know she's getting enough to eat. How are you guys handling this...?? Or am I the only one CONSTANTLY holding your LO? I know I need to enjoy it while she's so little... But I do need to take care of my DS (he's 3) while my hubby is at work. Lunch today was impossible... And brought me to tears. Oh and DD was born on the 8th... Almost 3 weeks old.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Always wanting to be held/comfort nurser

• Babywearing! Look into a carrier, so you can play with your DS while holding the baby. Eventually (depending on what kind you get) you may be able to nurse totally hands-free. I was able to with DS1 once he was about 7 weeks! Now that I have 2 under 2, I'll definitely be doing lots of wrapping!

• My first wouldn't let me put her down for months! Some babies just need extra holding. I found the book Happiest Baby on the Block really informative for understanding and dealing with this type of thing (there's also a video). Definitely try a carrier of some sort. I wore my first all the time, in the house, out of the house, I ate with her in there- it was a life saver! My new little guy isn't quite as needy.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is 3 weeks old (born on the 7th) and is always wanting to be held. We've been trying to nap in the crib during the day but I have found she likes to be on an incline (swing, rock n play) when she sleeps and is not being held. So I bought a wedge for the crib that goes under the sheet. When she is awake lots of tummy time and baby wearing. Since she is my first I want to hold her all the time but I know that when I go back to work in a few weeks she will not have the luxury of being held or worn all the time. I am not nursing her so we use a pacifier when she just wants to suckle.
  • My baby is a comfort nurser. I know it's frowned upon by some but I use a pacifier and it has helped a lot. I would also suggest baby wearing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"