March 2015 Moms
Options

Burning tear

its been 4 days since I gave birth (I got cut) and the first few days were painful but bearable. Today I started feeling a burning sensation on my left side down there. It hurt so bad to move but not to get up. I read about the "padsicles" that have aloe Vera and witch hazel so I tried it but it seemed to make the burning worse. It feels like it's on fire down there, any movement I make it hurts like hell to fhe point where I'm crying. I can't even sit on the toilet anymore and before I could with no problem. Is this part of the healing process or should I go get it checked out? Thank you.

Re: Burning tear

• Options
    You might've pulled a stitch.. Maybe call your doctor and ask the nurse about it?
  • Options
    I would call your doctor. Could be a pulled stitch, an exposed nerve .. Try using ice to help reduce inflammation. Sounds like no fun! :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got this same thing just tonight. Going to ice and call my nurse/MW in the am.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I tried ice and it helped a lot. Hopefully it goes away but I'm still calling my doctor to make sure. :(
  • Options
    OP- My MW said the same thing - ice and sitz baths.  Even if it was a pulled stitch, there is nothing for me to do but wait it out through the weekend and it will probably get better.  If Monday rolls around and pain is still there, she said to come in and have them take a look.

What did your Doc say?
  • Options
    I didn't end up calling becUse the pain went away so im hoping it wasn't that I pulled a stitch. The ice did the job! I tried the padsicles again and it also helped so much. I have the same pain on my right side now and it doesn't hurt as bad as it did yesterday. I'm guessing it's the stitches drying out I heard it can be really painful and itchy.
  • Options

I didn't end up calling becUse the pain went away so im hoping it wasn't that I pulled a stitch. The ice did the job! I tried the padsicles again and it also helped so much. I have the same pain on my right side now and it doesn't hurt as bad as it did yesterday. I'm guessing it's the stitches drying out I heard it can be really painful and itchy.

Oh yes, the dryness does not help. I also use both Mama Bottom Spray and Tucks pads to avoid everything from getting too dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"