December 2014 Moms
Options

Average Nursing Length

My LO is 12 weeks and often nurses for 30-40 min... I know every Mom and Baby are different. I'm just curious if anyone has noticed the length of their nursing sessions decrease as their baby gets older?

Re: Average Nursing Length

• Options
    My little guy is almost 10 weeks old and nurses for a half an hour or so. It used to be closer to an hour.
  • Options
    Mine went up. He just turned 3 months and his sessions now are close to an hour. Before he was at half hour sessions but most nowadays are 45-60 minutes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Zu8Zu8 member
    My LO use to be the same, she would feed anywhere between 20-40min for the first 2mths, after that it would be less than 15min. I was told I have an oversupply of milk and she is satisfied with what she gets for that short period of time. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter how long your LO is on the boob for, its if she's gaining the appropriate weight and has regular wet & dirty diapers each day. Have your baby weighed at your local family clinic so you can have some reasurrance.
  • Options
    mine is 12 wks tomorrow and still goes about 17mins each side.  She'll go longer if I let her but usually pops off at the 17 mark

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    My lo is an effinency nurser! He literally nurses for 5-10 maybe 15mins and is done.
  • Options
    I love how you know exactly how long your LO nurses @abcmom12. I just love you in general.

My LO nurses anywhere from 5-20 minutes. He gets the job done. Fast.
  • Options
    Well I time her on my phone so she doesn't abuse the boobie privileges lol  She'll stay on one side for 25 mins apiece still if I let her sometimes

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    My lo does about 10 minutes, if that. He',s efficient I guess. He also doesn't comfort nurse. When he's done, he's done. I do miss the days of 1 hour feedings though :(
  • Options
    Way more efficient here too, 5-10 mins on each side and sometimes in the mornings I have to pump after he eats because he knows when he's done and I'm still pretty full.  But I guess he knows what he needs because he's in the 94th weight percentile!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"