October 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC

Flame Free Friday Confession. Let's here them ladies but be warned they may not always be flame free.

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I am having a hard time giving up soda/drinking enough water with my pregnancy. I'm down to two small glasses of soda a day which is less than 100 mg of caffeine itself but I have never been a big fan of water. I try and try but just can't seem to get enough in each day.

Also dh, dd and I went to the park yesterday and I had a hard time not side-eyeing (judging) the mom with the toddler throwing a fit. I know it could have been any number of things causing it and I wouldn't want to be side-eyed for the same thing at the park but it was hard not to do so (especially when dd would stop playing to watch...)

• Options
    I have a really hard time with unnecessary negativity. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut! Sure, we're all hormonal, but sometimes people just need to keep their thoughts to themselves. It hasn't been as bad on this board as it has been on others (yet), but no need for meanies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aah1013 said:

I have a really hard time with unnecessary negativity. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut! Sure, we're all hormonal, but sometimes people just need to keep their thoughts to themselves. It hasn't been as bad on this board as it has been on others (yet), but no need for meanies.

I go back and fourth with this. I've left the bump previously for such a thing but on the other hand I find it entertaining at times.
  • Options

I am having a hard time giving up soda/drinking enough water with my pregnancy. I'm down to two small glasses of soda a day which is less than 100 mg of caffeine itself but I have never been a big fan of water. I try and try but just can't seem to get enough in each day.

Have you tried drinking sparkling water? I drink almost exclusively sparking at home because I love the carbonation. Plain water tastes kinda blah compared to it! 
  • Options

Have you tried drinking sparkling water? I drink almost exclusively sparking at home because I love the carbonation. Plain water tastes kinda blah compared to it! 
    I add a little juice (like 2oz) to a big glass of water just for some flavor. It helps me tremendously to actually get the water in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Intro posts drive me crazy. I don't understand the impulse to have everyone say hello to you, and I think they clog up the board.

I believe wholeheartedly in exit posts after miscarriages, though, and I try to comment on every one I open.

I did one simply because on my last BMB that was the way things worked. I just assumed that all boards were that way.
  • Options

Intro posts drive me crazy. I don't understand the impulse to have everyone say hello to you, and I think they clog up the board.

I believe wholeheartedly in exit posts after miscarriages, though, and I try to comment on every one I open.

I did one simply because on my last BMB that was the way things worked. I just assumed that all boards were that way.
    Well this one works that way, too, if you and so many other people like them! I happen to think they are pointless, but I don't expect everyone else to feel the same way. Not a personal attack one anyone--I don't read them, so I don't even know who is writing them.
  • Options
    @moonseeds92 that book sounds fascinating! I've found most pregnancy books to be rather dull . . . in fact I just packed all of mine up to yard sale, haha.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not too religious or believe in many hoccus poccus stuff BUT I am scared to death about things that people say or do or how they feel about me and being preg for example I've heard that my MIL does dable into some sort of whitchery of sorts idk how it works but the fact that she doesn't speak to me or my DH it scares me she made it a point to say that over her dead body I'd ever have her grand baby it took us over 4 yrs to be able to get to this preg! So now I'm so scared of any one she knows seeing me and telling her about it. I do believe no 1 can harm me specially with something I don't believe in but this lady is super weird and the stories I've heard they give me nightmares, DH has reassured me that he will never allow nttn bad to happen but its still scary until now I had never been exposed to things like this so I don't know what to think! >-) :-SS 8-} ~X(

• Options
    I'm having trouble giving up caffeine too.  :-S I hate water so much right now it makes me nauseous!  I used to love water!
  • Options

Well this one works that way, too, if you and so many other people like them! I happen to think they are pointless, but I don't expect everyone else to feel the same way. Not a personal attack one anyone--I don't read them, so I don't even know who is writing them.
    Oh I didn't take it that way at all :)
  • Options
    @gabrielafrnqyepez no , I will try that! thanks for the suggestions!  I feel thirsty constantly but can't seem to stomach it. 
  • Options
    No probbb @baconlady and small sips no chugging lolzz !!! Let me know how it goes!

• Options
    I have everything bought for the nursery and I'm not even out of the first trimester.....We were so excited and are new to parenting, so we didn't know about waiting to buy things until risk of MC lowers. So scary but so exciting! Also, I am usually a pretty healthy eater, but can't keep anything but junk down. Here's to hoping I can tolerate veggies in the near future! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    @gabrielafrnqyepez Thanks for the suggestion! Im back to water making me feel sick again.. Will be putting some in the freezer and see how that goes :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This book called Expecting Better came highly recommended to me and I can not put it down! It's all about the things doctors tell you not to do and exposing the science behind it! My OCD brain loves all the graphs and charts and statistics without any pressure to do this or that. Its calmed me down and given me confidence that I'm making the right choices for me personally and my baby.

@moonseeds92 I love this book! I have the kindle version and every once in a while, when I think of something while I'm at work, I can get on my amazon account and remind myself what she said. It's awesome!
  • Options

This book called Expecting Better came highly recommended to me and I can not put it down! It's all about the things doctors tell you not to do and exposing the science behind it! My OCD brain loves all the graphs and charts and statistics without any pressure to do this or that. Its calmed me down and given me confidence that I'm making the right choices for me personally and my baby.

I'm listening to it on Audbile and love it! It's such a practical way to look at pregnancy and has really put a lot of my nerves at ease.
  • Options
    All I can eat is junk food. I so wanted to try and eat healthy and workout during this pregnancy but it's been impossible with nausea and fatigue. My husband thinks I'm just making excuses...I told him to watch his step.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    All this talk about junk food has me craving Easter peanut m&m's. Lol
  • Options
    I haven't had sex with my husband in over a month because I feel so gross. I just feel fat and have no confidence. I've always struggled with this, being a size 16, but it's so much worse now. My hubby loves me without condition, and would never be upset with me not being in the mood, but I miss the feeling closeness that comes with that intimacy.
  • Options
    I'm pissed at my husband today. He is a good man, but today.... is not going well. Our puppy (6 months) got spayed today, and I told him to be home on time to take care of her, as I had to volunteer after work. He gets home, says 'she seems fine', then fucks off to have beer with his buddies. Then goes to dinner at his parents, leaving the dog. 

Meanwhile, I get home at 9, my poor drugged up puppy is by herself, IN THE DARK, on the deck. It's now 10:30 and my husband still hasn't made his way home - and he was supposed to bring my dinner no less. I want to slap him into next Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Update: my husband made pancakes for breakfast, so all is forgiven. My puppy is doing better, she's still on painkillers but ate her puppy chow - a good sign. 

Oh, the joys of pregnancy emotions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"