TTC after 35
Options

Intro Finally!

Hello Ladies,

I am very excited to finally introduce myself as I have been scoping out different boards for awhile. I am 38, my DH is 34. We just married last July and this is my second marriage. We just began TTC this past January as I was on the BC pill up until then. In fact, I was on the pill since I was about 18!! So of course, my body is adjusting to life after the pill and I'm still trying to figure out my cycles. I started using OPK's immediately after stopping the pill and this month I feel like I finally figured out my O time using the Clearblue OPK with the smiley face. However I am learning that many of you say that temping is the best way to know when you are ovulating? So I just bought a BBT and will try that. And I will be buying the book that everybody recommends "taking charge of your fertility".  Just another piece of info, this is my first time TTC. My DH has a 10 year old son from previous relationship.

I am really looking for support, and to be able to share defeats and/or accomplishments with women whom I could relate with! Look forward to hearing from you and learning from you ladies!!

Re: Intro Finally!

• Options
    Welcome and good-luck!

I haven't used OPKs but found temping to be very informative. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I temp and use OPKs. I would not totally rely on OPKs because they are sometimes off on timing, and we can sometimes get false hormonal surges. Temping confirms ovulation and OPKs give us an insight on when ovulation will probably happen. I would suggest having sex every other day when you start seeing fertile CM. Then use the OPK to let you know the final "go days." The positive OPK is usually on day -1. 

TCOYF is an awesome book. It sounds like you are set. Good luck.

Oh and @hooligans4 is very wise. That is all.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Welcome and good luck.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks at @URMySunshine77 .

@Smallone77 you sound like you are off to a great start.
    My cycles were off for about 6 months after stopping BCP. But if you start temping you will know exactly what is going on during each cycle.
    Once you hit the 6 month mark of good timing then it's a good idea to make an apt with an RE.
    But just try to enjoy this time. Ttc can get frustrating as the time goes so have fun while it's still "new".

I hope you get what you need from our great group of woman here and your stay is short and sweet.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck. You have a great start!
  • Options
    Welcome! I agree with everything hooligans and sunshine said!! I hope you will have a short stay here, good luck to you!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Wow thank you so much ladies! Believe it or not your responses have made me feel so much more at ease with this process. It is so hard to talk about the struggles and disappointment ( i.e like when AF came this morning, damn her!) with my friends/family who just don't understand. But I do appreciate what @hooligans4 said about trying to just have fun while its new. I found myself turning into this neurotic wife who was putting so much emphasis on finally Ovulating that is was killing the moment for my husband. I told myself I would not turn into that woman and I sure did. Anywho, thanks again for the warm welcome:)
  • Options
    @Smallone77 welcome! I just joined this group as well. I am 37 and DH is 34. Sounds like you are off the a great start. Everyone on this board is super helpful and I have gathered a lot of info from reviewing older posts. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thank you @luvbug378! Yes I have been lurking on this board for awhile now and really saw value in positing here versus some other boards. Look forward to follow your journey on here:)
  • Options
    I should also mention that I've had clearly positive OPKs in some cycles and then nearly positive OPKs in other cycles. Focus on having sex on any quasi positive OPK day. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    Welcome!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"