TTC after 35
Options

symptoms.... real or imagined?

Ok so this is my 1st time TTC #1 and I'm pretty confident BD was right on time. My question is this......is it really possible to feel things within a few days of conception or do I want this so bad I'm making things up in my head?? For example (TMI warning) extremely sensitive nipples, darkening nipples, a weird kinda crampy kinda fluttery feeling in my lower pelvis for 2-3 days (gone now.... Replaced by nausea today). Am I making this up or do other people have this? I'm freaking myself out here!

Re: symptoms.... real or imagined?

• Options
    Welcome to the TTC journey. My first month was just like that. I felt sick, I felt every symptom in the book. I was like, what? I'm pregnant first try? I was also on summer break, so I just thought about it all the time, since I wasn't working. That sucked. And then I'm pretty sure it was just my body getting used to not being on Birth Control. Who knows what's what? You just have to hold on and wait for the awful TWW to end. It's really terrible, but you try to keep busy. And for me, I'm always counting to the next day. Like today is 2 dpo? Well, tomorrow is already 3 kind of idea. It helps me.  I also lurk other people's charts, look at the chart gallery on ff, and playing the charting game. FX that it really is it for you. But if it's not, you start to get used to the TWW (a little) and it gets slightly less excruciating. But the whole thing is hard and it remains hard, but for different reasons. It's like an emotional roller coaster.
    Hope that helps.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Options
    It helps , but this stuff FEELS so real! Is it possible to feel things so early??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry to be debbie downer, but I get similar symptoms every month.  Unfortunately, pms symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are so similar it's easy to overanalyze and question each one.  I hope this is it for you, but if not just keep this in mind and try not to symptom spot.  I know that's easier said than done. :)
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Options
    If they are pregnancy symptoms then you would turn a test positive. That simple. Hcg is what causes symptoms of pregnancy so if there is enough in your system to cause what you are feeling then there is enough to turn a test positive.
    It takes 7-10 days for a fertilized egg to travel down your Fallopian tube then implant. Your body will not produce hcg until that happens.
    If you are 100% sure if your ovulation date then test 10 days after.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards