1st Trimester

Pregnant with dental issues

So I am 7 weeks and 5 days along and have two broken teeth that are going to be extracted tomorrow. I am scared and worried that something will happen. I am terrified of the dentist and needles. On top of that, because I am pregnant, they can only use a local anesthesia to numb my mouth rather than sedating me. My husband can't get off work to go with me and I don't wanna hear and feel all of the stuff going on. Any advice?

Re: Pregnant with dental issues

• Talk to your OB.
    They may be able to prescribe anti-anxiety medications to help you.

Also, wear headphones to eliminate some (not all) of the noise.
    Use your phone or tablet (or borrow from someone) and put on your favorite show or movie.

Also, I would really recommend that someone go with you.
    You may be to anxious/worked up to drive home - better safe than sorry.
  • Isn't a local anesthetic for pulling teeth normal? Local should be sufficient to keep you from feeling anything painful and extracting teeth is usually pretty quick although I'm not sure how it is to extract broken ones. I've had a couple of teeth pulled and it was done in a matter of minutes. I've only went under for my impacted wisdom tooth extraction and even that was optional. If you are anxious about it, I'd also recommend bringing another friend or family member just to ease your mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"