2nd Trimester
Options

Underarm Rash. Anyone else??

When I was going through puberty I got a horrible rash under my arms that lasted a year or so. And just since I've been pregnant, it is happening again! I told my OB and she suggested I keep my razor somewhere other than the shower, change it more often, rinse it with rubbing alcohol after use, etc. So I have been. But it hasn't made a difference. I think its hormones, not bacteria. I've been using diaper rash cream on my armpits but it's not really helping. Has anyone experienced this with their pregnancy?? I know its weird! Or have any advice? (I try to avoid shaving if I can... but then my husband is like, you need to do something about that! lol)

Re: Underarm Rash. Anyone else??

• Options
    I'd suggest speaking to a dermatologist instead since it's skin related. This isn't within the realm of expertise for an OB and not everything that happens during pregnancy is necessarily pregnancy related.
  • Options
    I didn't get a rash but it has been really itchy and red. The doctor said I could be allergic to the fragrance in my deodorant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always got rashes under my arms from deodorant until I switched to Dove deodorant. It's the only brand I can use now. Your skin may be more sensitive in pregnancy. Try switching deodorants.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"