April 2015 Moms

Is anyone else scared of being 200+lbs

I've always been super active at 5'6'' usually weighing 125-135. Well I started a new med the year before being pregnant and went up to 175. So I was on the curvy side, but ok with it. Now at almost 37 weeks I'm at 193.... I just can't imagine the scale saying over 200. I can't buy another wardrobe for three more weeks. Bring out the large skirts!!!

Re: Is anyone else scared of being 200+lbs

• Loading the player...
  • Don't look at the scale or size in the clothes anymore! It will just give you a complex. Once I let go of the number I felt liberated. Wear what is comfortable and eat sensibly. Your body will gain what it needs to gain for the baby.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • I got over 200 lbs during this pregnancy and I'm still gaining. The first time the scale was over 200 for a moment it did make me feel bad about myself. It's just a number but it's a number that I wasn't totally prepared for. 

I let it go quickly. My body is gaining the weight it needs to gain for this healthy pregnancy I am so blessed with. Pregnancy is the best reason I can think of to gain weight! After the baby comes I'm ready for lots of long walks with her in the stroller and to watch the scale slowly slide down the OTHER way. 

Let it go and don't let a number bother you. It's totally normal. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • I got over 200 lbs during this pregnancy and I'm still gaining. The first time the scale was over 200 for a moment it did make me feel bad about myself. It's just a number but it's a number that I wasn't totally prepared for. 

I let it go quickly. My body is gaining the weight it needs to gain for this healthy pregnancy I am so blessed with. Pregnancy is the best reason I can think of to gain weight! After the baby comes I'm ready for lots of long walks with her in the stroller and to watch the scale slowly slide down the OTHER way. 

Let it go and don't let a number bother you. It's totally normal. 
    I'm trying to have a great attitude about it like you. This is my third pregnancy and the weight keeps coming on more and more easily. My husband asked me the other night when I think I might bounce back. I wanted to cry, but I know he didn't mean anything by it.
  • There are reasons why we don't discuss weight on here. We're all women and its a sensitive subject. Please lurk a little longer before posting next time. Also there's a search function where you will find that this has been discussed multiple times and each received the same types of responses.

Thank you!
  • I'm 5'2" and have gained 53lbs so far. I'm scared to reach 200lbs!!! I'm 37weeks and getting close on the scale.
  • Your original post is rude to state that you can't imagine the scale being over 200 and your husband is a total dick for asking his pregnant wife when she will bounce back.

Well aren't you a classy lady, filled with judgement. My husband is a standup man, who is an amazing father, husband, and provider. He may not be the best with phrasing at times, but I don't throw judgement upon him for it. My husband loves me just the way I am. Even if I were to double in size. Doesn't mean he can't ask a simple question.

You're the rude one here. Take your comments elsewhere.
  • artemisstarartemisstar member
    edited March 2015
    Weight is a sensitive issue with most women whether pregnant or not. But I do understand where you are coming from, even though our bodies are doing a wonderful job of growing a new life a lot of body changes we go through can be hard to accept, weight gain being one of them. I personally struggled when I first developed stretch marks, that was a big one for me. Now I'm totally accepting of them . As long as you are being healthy as you can be I wouldn't worry too much about your weight gain at the minute. Stressing about it will only make you feel worse. If you are however really worried about speak to your doctor about it on your next visit!
  • I know what you mean. I lost 20lbs, worked hard to do so then got pregnant. This is my fourth baby and each time I see the Dr. The scale climbs. But, I must say not to pay attention to the scale because it's really about measurements at the end of the day. Keep in mind this is all baby weight, most of it sheds off in just a few months.
  • This post is super insensitive and tacky.
  • I've been a little worried about getting to 150lbs... I'm not quite there yet but it's certainly a concern since I started out at 130lbs and lost 10lbs in my first trimester. I'm really short though. I think all women are worried about getting too far past there normal weight no matter what it is
  • I don't think this post was meant to be offensive, but it certainly came across that way.
    When I graduated high school, I had 4% body fat and weighed in at 195. Now I'm close to 300 and am still considered under weight due to my body fat %. Please be careful when talking about weight. When #s are thrown around it can get extremely tense for everyone.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I've been well over 200 pounds since i moved out of home (probably before).
    Honestly i didn't even notice i'd gained weight until i looked at my college photos, no one cared either, if they do they aren't really worth having as friends. Don't stress, you'll have a cute little distraction soon!

Though in all seriousness i can understand not wanting to gain more, i was super worried about weight during pregnancy (i had intended to lose some beforehand with no success) but then i got over the idea pretty quick.
  • It is a bit offensive to say how scared you are to see over 200lbs.
    Could have just said "a high number on the scale" I'm just at 200lbs and I'm 5'8" at 39 weeks pregnant. Not
    Scared.
  • I got on the scale at the dr today and it showed 200.4. I started at 140 I believe. I guess I should be in tears right now? Idk... Im just happy Im going to be giving birth to a healthy chunky little girl. :)
  • Any weight gain, no matter now much or how little, whether for a pregnancy or any other reason, makes a lot of woman feel insecure. Buying larger clothes and having buldges in places you have never had before is hard to swallow. Going from 125 to almost 200 is a big jump for someone who used to be 125lbs. Goodness, I went from 110 this pregnancy to 130 and I get insecure! (I'm 5'1''). Most women would bash me because I admit I am insecure. However, at the end of the day you have a baby in you, and so do I, and we must not be hard on ourselves! If weight is a concern, after LO is here start exercising and eating healthier. Do things to make you comfortable in your own skin and then you will see that weight is just a number and it doesn't mean anything unless you love yourself first!
  • I'm sure she wasn't trying to be rude or offend any one and if you sensitive about weight etc should of never read the post!! I started off 118 and is now 165 I'm sure no one wants to gain too much of weight over their usual size!
  • Although I'm sure it wasn't meant to be offensive or rude, clearly it sounded a bit insensitive, as other posters have said we qrnal all here creating life and with that can come some unwanted pounds. I had my first baby at 235... starting weight was 225 and I was actually in the process of losing weight when. I got my bfp. I started this pregnancy at 265 again I was attempting to lose weight and bam another bfp... I'm being induced tonight and the scale reads 280... I just remind myself I'll have to work hard to shed the baby weight (and cookie and ice cream and pizza and everything else I've indulged in) that is not my first priority though... my first priority is and always will be my children. My husband loves me the way i am and my children do too.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally would not care or cry or get upset about it because I know being the same size/weight like I said is just not realistic ....
  • Obviously it's not. Sorry you missed the whole point of the post. Maybe you should browse the forum with a little more of an open mind. If you wouldnt get upset about it then Im not sure how you could have related to "Is anyone else scared of being 200+?" anyway. If you scroll down through the forums you'll find that there are more post you may actually be able to relate to! Start by reading the header! :) happy Friday!
  • This post is obviously not meant to offend anyone. I doubt you would get all this backlash for your comment in person. Pregnancy hormones can really do a number on our moods and make us extra sensitive!

I've been an S almost all my life and now my butt is a XL. I think I look great now except for some swelling. It's normal to be worried about getting back to your normal weight when you see you weigh more than you ever have in your life. But, don't let the numbers on the scale make you feel bad. If you go past 200 so be it. You will be under 200 within the first few weeks after delivery anyway. I thought I'd never weigh what I weigh now. But, I do and it's not so bad. With commitment you can go back to your pre-pregnancy weight within a year or less.
  • I kind of agree with everyone, if that's even possible. I feel like it's easy to tell from OP's phrasing that she doesn't think that there's anything wrong with other people weighing what they weigh- but she's reaching a "milestone" weight for her and she's kind of in shock and dealing with it and wondering if anyone else is going through similar. I feel like she wants to have a good attitude about the weight gain of pregnancy and is looking to refresh her outlook. Also I should admit that I am just like OP. I reached a milestone weight (happens to be same as hers) and I had to deal with it as I mentioned in my response so I totally relate to her.

Having said that, to be honest, if she had made her title "Anyone scared of being over 170 pounds?" which I will tell you was my weight pre-pregnancy I think that would either hurt my feelings or at the very least tick me off. I think it's fair to say she wasn't thinking about how some women on here already were at that weight or higher at their pre-pregnancy rate. So I think if you are saying that her post was insensitive then yes, you are right but in her defense I honestly think she didn't think of that. She doesn't seem like the type of person who is trying to judge others and say something rude. She was just thinking of things from her perspective- which is the same as mine so I get it.

Also to everyone saying we shouldn't talk about weight at all on here- you're probably right. It's a sensitive topic. Having said that speaking only for myself I actually liked her post because it's one of those posts where I felt like "Oh- I get that. I have things to say about that." and there have been other posts about weight that I have understood as well. I don't want to say that nobody is allowed to say the word "weight" on here but clearly it is a sensitive topic that never goes over well so you're probably right. 

To the OP I just want to say that I hope that you understand the backlash and you aren't taking it personally. I think your post was coming from a "good" place but everyone is making good points here too. Either way I just want to be honest when I'm on here and not over-censor myself because I'm afraid of backlash and if I'm totally honest- what OP wrote is exactly what I have experienced as well in terms of reaching a weight that is bigger than I've ever been and being sort of shocked and needing a moment to deal with it. It's embarrassing (to me) to tell my spouse or friends the number I'm at but I did kind of want to talk about it so maybe it could have been me who posted this. 

"It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • I am concerned about a safe healthy delivery and baby. That is my concern, not my weight. 
  • Not that exact number, but I can relate to the feeling. It's so weird to be in a body that looks/feels different than I'm used to! The last few weeks are hard for me too, b/c I don't want to but any new clothes but most things don't fit right...Oh well, almost there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"