December 2014 Moms

Enfamil or Similac?

I've tried my son on just about every Enfamil formula brand and nothing seems to be working, he is still incredibly gassy, fussy and is having a hard time pooping (in pain trying to make a BM and having hard pellet like poop) I'm considering moving to Similac instead. I need advice!

Re: Enfamil or Similac?

• I did enfamil with my firstborn and am doing similac this time. Mostly I switched because similac doesn't smell quite as bad.... I mean, it still stinks though. :) anyway, I don't know if it has anything to do with anything but my son was really colicky and the girls are not.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Good to know! I'm considering trying a Similac formula instead- my son is on soy now I'm just not sure to stick with it or not, or if the soy is what's causing his stools to be hard
  • Loading the player...
  • My son supplements with Similac Alimentum(95% breast fed) but with my last two I used Good Start. It has a probiotic in it to help keep them regular.
  • I tried supplementing with enfamil and he really didn't like the taste, now we use similac for supplementation it's the only formula I don't have to mix with breast milk!
  • We use Enfamil sensitive for our lil one because everything else gave her horrible gas.
  • My daughter was on Enfamil for about a month and then was changed to Similac. You should talk to your doctor before making any changes in your sons diet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• I started out using the Enfamil Infant (yellow lid) and now I use the Enfamil Gentlease (purple lid). I'm happy with it. My Dr suggested adding a probiotic. So next time I go to the store I'm going to buy some and add it to his routine. He also said if I was not happy with the Gentlease to try the Gerber brand. I'd talk with your pediatrician and see what he/she recommends.
  • We use Enfamil prosobee. It's the all soy Enfamil. We love it. We tried a few others before it and it seems to work well.
  • My boy hated enfamil, he would spit it out and get really angry. I switched him to similac sensitive formula and he has been doing great with it
  • We use Similac for Supplementation (Aqua lid) and bf. DS seems to prefer the Similac to Enfamil, but maybe it's just what he's used to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"