October 2015 Moms
Options

Continued bleeding?

ClaraBRunningClaraBRunning member
edited March 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I'm 8w4d.

I've seen a lot of threads on spotting but anyone have what almost mimics a period while pregnant? I'm not gushing blood but there's some on the paper and in the toilet every time I go. Been like that for about 5 days, and I went to the dr yesterday. Ultrasound showed a healthy growing baby and heart steady beating so I know baby is ok. This is just very disconcerting to see blood. It did not happen when my period would have come last month but it is this month oddly...

Anyone else? I've felt like I was on my period too. Bloated, heavy pelvis etc. Doctor is not concerned but I just want it to stop so I can enjoy being pregnant. I am not terribly worried since I just saw baby yesterday and nothing has changed since before then but still! Maybe old blood moving out?

HMMMM...looking for similar experiences. Thanks in advance.

Re: Continued bleeding?

• Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    I've read that some people get bleeding around their period through their whole pregnancy and it's perfectly normal. If the doctor isn't concerned I would go with that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you. Struggling to remain positive as its only continuing and increasing a little bit. I know either way there's nothing that can be done I just wish I understood why this is happening. It did not happen with my first.
  • Options
    Did they find any reason for the bleeding in the ultrasound? I had spotting last week and went in, turns out the placenta is bordering the cervix right now, plus I have a small blood clot. So my OB said I can expect a bit more spotting until the clot resolves and/or the placenta moves up. Did they mention anything like that?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    I've been bleeding/spotting pretty much the whole time. I'm currently 9w1d. I do have a couple hematomas which my doc said is causing the spotting. He told me to take ibuprofen in the AM & PM to "quiet the uterus". I have had heaviness & some cramping too. I agree---VERY disconcerting. I have an ultrasound tomorrow and pray everything is still ok.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Options
    So I talked to the midwife today and she said they saw nothing on the ultrasound that would explain the bleeding. The only thing that makes me feel better is baby looked great on Monday but the bleeding has just continued and its bright red and dark red with clots in it. Now some is going on the pad - not a lot but some. They offered to do another ultrasound friday If I'm still bleeding and if baby looks ok I'm just one of those that bleeds...and then they will monitor me more closely.

Will pray all goes well for you ladies as well!! Thank you for responding and caring. Holding on to my faith right now!
  • Options
    I'm 8w and 3 days... And I have been spotting and bleeding for two going on three weeks. I have had 3 ultrasounds and the baby is healthy with a heart rate of 140. So, my doctor said that I just may have the pregnancy to bleed in my first trimester and its normal. So, I don't know if this will help you. But, this is my story. I hope it helps.
  • Options

So I talked to the midwife today and she said they saw nothing on the ultrasound that would explain the bleeding. The only thing that makes me feel better is baby looked great on Monday but the bleeding has just continued and its bright red and dark red with clots in it. Now some is going on the pad - not a lot but some. They offered to do another ultrasound friday If I'm still bleeding and if baby looks ok I'm just one of those that bleeds...and then they will monitor me more closely.

Will pray all goes well for you ladies as well!! Thank you for responding and caring. Holding on to my faith right now!

I'm glad to hear there isn't anything alarming! Bleeding is very scary & unexpected. I pray your ultrasound goes great Friday. Keep us posted! :)
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Options
    A low lying placenta can cause bleeding. There are also many unexplained bleeds. If bubs is fine I'd try not to worry, hard I know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My Chart ::::: My Blog
    Married since July 2008
    MC Nov 2011 || MMC Jan 2013 || MC Jun 2013 || Baby Boy April 2014 || MMC Dec 2014 || MMC Apr 2015
    Diagnosed Jan 2016 as having been infertile due to scarring since last MMC.
    Diagnosed 2016 with Lupus.
  • Options
    EEPZEEPZ member
    I was bleeding off and on up until I was 9 weeks 3 days. I had 2 ultrasounds and baby was fine...no explanation for the bleeding. Right now I am at 11 weeks and haven't spotted (knock on wood) since...hoping it cleared itself up!
  • Options
    Thank you all! That's encouraging to hear @EEPZ . Thanks for sharing. I am going to get the ultrasound tomorrow to hopefully put my heart at ease about the whole thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"