1st Trimester
Options

When To Tell My Boss I'm Pregnant?

I would just like to ask everyone when they told there bosses and what job is it you do. I am 4 weeks 4 days only just found out but my job involves alot of manule handling.

Re: When To Tell My Boss I'm Pregnant?

• Options
    I told one of mine as soon as I knew since she and I are very close and she knew how much I've wanted this, also because I manage her Dance Studio and am a main teacher there so things will start to change drastically and we do all scheduling a year in advance. My other boss (office environment) I told once I had the heartbeat. I really is singular to your situation. Throughout the first trimester you should be fine to keep up your ordinary regimen (unless something proves dangerous or toxic) so you have time. The reason I tried waiting for the most past is because the risk of miscarrying plummets so much after hearing a heartbeat. I still teach and jump and run around at my one jobs the same as always just fine, just depends on what you mean by "manual handling." 
  • Options
    I think it depends on your relationship. My boss and I are cordial but strictly professional, I told her right before 12 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told my boss on Moday, since I found out this weekend.  But I also explained that nothing is confirmed until the bloodwork, which I'm going for today.  I'm a teacher so if I need to leave my class, I need to send for someone in the office to relieve me.  I didn't want him to think anything bad was going on so I just gave him the heads up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    adoyen89adoyen89 member
    edited March 2015
    I told my boss at 6 weeks because I was late to work due to morning sickness, that on top of multiple doctors appointments I figured it was time. I'm in software sales, and I pretty much run my own day so it's not a big deal...but I rather just be upfront than feel like my boss is wondering what's going on with me. She told me she thought I might me, and has been so supportive. I think that being upfront with your boss makes it easier, in most cases. I guess it depends on your environment though.
  • Options
    misskris88misskris88 member
    edited March 2015
    I work in an office environment, so there aren't really any occupational hazards, but I told my boss at 8 weeks (shortly after I found out). I needed to ask for an afternoon off to go to a doctor's appointment and I was feeling really sick, so I figured the sooner I told him the better. A lot of people I talk to wait until 12 weeks, depending on their job. I knew that if someone went wrong, I'd still want him to know because I know that I wouldn't be able to hide that either. I also wanted someone at my job to know that I was pregnant, just in case something crazy happened (Who knows, I pass out or something?). Telling early worked well for me, but it is different for everyone...

My advice would be to just go into it very professionally with some sort of plan. I shared the news, and then assured him that I plan to stay focused on work just as hard as before, even though I'm pregnant. I also told him that I hadn't shared with anyone else at work yet, just so he knew. Every boss is different, but he was very excited for me and completely understanding. He assured me that he would not say anything until I was ready, and that I could adjust my schedule for appointments or anything else I needed. 

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker

Jeremiah 1:5          *   *   *           Psalm 139:13-16         *  *  *       1 Samuel 1:27-28

• Options
    It's up to you when you tell.
  • Options
    I'm telling mine today. I'm at 9 weeks, but the nausea is bad. I work in an office environment 3 days a week and 2 days from home.
  • Options
    I told mine at 10 weeks. I really wanted to wait but my morning sickness has been making me late and I felt like it was better to be up front rather than have him think that I wasn't doing my job. Having said that, I work in an office environment, if I worked in an environment that could be harmful to the baby, I would have told right when I found out. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"