1st Trimester
Options

Skiing in the Moutains

I live in Florida and we are taking a family trip to Copper Mountain in Colorado.  Is it a big NO-NO to ski? I was hoping to ski the bunny slopes  for one day (I've been skiing before) .  My family will be skiing all week. I will be 15 weeks pregnant. 

Hot tub? What are your thoughts? Under 100 degrees for less than 10 mins? Or none at all?

I am completely fine with missing out on these things.  I was just wondering if there were options.

Re: Skiing in the Moutains

• Options
    Might be the wrong answer, but I'd probably go on the bunny slopes if you've been on them before.  Just don't go crazy, ya know?

I'm pretty sure hot tubs are a no-no, but I'd stick my feet in lol
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking... maybe even just a half day on the easiest slop.  Hmmm. I called my doctor.. waiting to hear back.  I'm not really showing yet and I've read that it's safest during the 1st trimester because your baby is most protected. And I obviously wouldn't do tricks or go in the trees.  I guess there are always going to be opinions on both sides of it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say no to hot tubs.

Surprisingly, I'm not against the skiing part. The bunny slopes sound relatively benign and as long as you pay attention to your body, I don't really see an issue with it. I wouldn't even limit yourself to a half day, just be careful.
  • Options

I am an avid skier. I was told absolutely not. There is no helmet for your belly. Even if you are a good enough skier that you rarely fall, someone could ski into you. To me its not worth the risk.

And hot tubs, hell no.

• Options
    One of the biggest worries I would have about skiing in Colorado is our altitude when you are coming from sea level you are more prone to altitude sickness. Drink lots of water and do not over stress yourself. When I was a ski instructor I saw many kids get really sick because of altitude sickness.
    What is your skiing level? I have read it is okay to ski 1st trimester as long as you take it easy and you are a good skier but if you fall a decent amount or are not a 100% comfortable skiing I would not ski.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    Doctor said nope! Oh well! My baby is more important! I will sit this one out.  He said hot tubs are okay at 98 degrees because that's body temp. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"