1st Trimester

is this normal??

Hi, I'm new to the board and wanted to explain my situation. I miscarried about 4 years ago and this is my first pregnancy since then. I was on BC but stopped it in December- had a normal period, then had a period in Janaury but nothing came in February so I took a few(6 to be exact lol) HPTs and they were all positive. Went to my OBGYN the next day...their urine was negative so they sent me for blood tests which came back borderline. A week later took another blood test which they said my HCG was 500 and they wanted me to wait another week to test again because they said it's very early and could go either way??? but from borderline to 500 seemed like a good thing to me :/ Now I'm waiting on those 2nd blood test results to hopefully come back today but the timing seems off. I feel like the borderline tests should of been clearly positive as I've missed 2 cycles now I should be very much pregnant(not something that could "go either way"). Am I just freaking out because of my previous miscarriage or does something seem off?

Re: is this normal??

• thanks for the reply :) the blood draws were 6 days apart. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, they don't open for another hour...feels like an eternity!
  • How far along do you think you are?
  • Loading the player...
  • I honestly don't know...before I was on BC my periods were very irregular, so I'm wondering since I stopped the BC if I just ovulated later or missed a cycle entirely. Like I said, my last cycle was January 20th so that would make me more pregnant(9 weeks according to every "due date estimator" I've looked up) than what the 500HCG level suggests. 500 would be anywhere from 3-5 weeks according to my OBGYN :(
  • I would listen to your dr. Since you aren't sure when you ovulated it could be super early and everything could be normal. I would just try to relax. Some of the old regulars from when the bump was better had a saying along the lines of "today I'm pregnant and I love my baby". Taking it day by day is much less stressful but I always tend to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
  • Hey everyone,
    Thanks for all of the replies :) I got my results back and my HCG was 3900! I'm going for an ultrasound on Friday :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"