1st Trimester

Any Shoulder dystocia mommys?

babyjay13babyjay13 member
edited July 2014 in 1st Trimester
I can't spell it...but has anyone had a child with the complication of shoulder dystocia during delivery and if so did you have another child after...did u have to have a c-section or were you able to have a natural vaginal delivery...if natural delivery did it happen again? My second was born with it and now I'm afraid I have to have a cs or I may endanger this new baby

Re: Any Shoulder dystocia mommys?

• DD had very mild dystocia during delivery.  There were no lasting effects.  No one has ever indicated to me that I wouldn't be able to attempt additional vaginal deliveries.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• They told me at the health department I would most likely schedule my delivery date because of the last delivery...I have an early appointment and us due to previous mc and complications but an so nervous...idk if I can even think of a cs...hopefully not...ty
  • Loading the player...
  • MangomamaFLMangomamaFL member
    edited July 2014
    I had some shoulder dystocia with my previous birth. The midwife had a hard time freeing his shoulders until I decided to try to stand up. Then he slid right out. I am not worried about my next birth.

BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• What ended up happening with your new baby's delivery?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"