April 2014 Moms

Purees, Pouches, Etc.

When is it ok to ditch the purees, pouches, etc.? I mostly give my LO breast milk, water, and bits of table food with the occasional pureed baby pouch, but I'm ready to be done with the pureed pouches, lol. Does anyone know if there's a certain age for giving them up?
happily married since 2009, SAHM
diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016

Re: Purees, Pouches, Etc.

• I'm never giving them up!! Haha.
    They are so convenient for on the go. I figure she'll still eat them, especially the go go squeeze applesauce ones, for a long time.
  • I like to keep the pouches around for snack time, they are really handy. But really as long as you have enough table foods and LO eats enough of them then you can ditch the purees. I keep them around to fill in the blanks in her diet though, like veggies, we are bad about veggies in our diet.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • My five year old still eats the Go Go Squeezes, lol. I'd love to give up the others ones though and just transition to finger foods.
  • Thanks @BADASBKRCK I think I'll just reduce the amount slowly. I don't know why I didn't think of that, lol.
  • Mine never accepted the pouches, except when they were stuffed with yogurt :-/
  • I ditched the pouches a couple of months ago when it became a fight over who got to control the spoon! I do miss them on the go, though.

We're still working on finger foods (most of what I offer ends up in the bib, mashed into the chair or fed to the dog). But I've discovered that it's not that he can't consume "real" food, it's that he's picky about what he consumes!
  • I used a spoon with the jars so those are gone, lol. He will hold and eat the pouches mostly independently. We don't spoon feed them, he just sucks it right out, lol. I just have to help him at the end a little.
  • We use the pouches for when we aren't home but other than that LO eats all table food. He hasn't had baby food from a jar for about a month.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• edited March 2015
    Once my kids tried table food, they refused purées. That was at 6 mos. It must be because of my amazing cooking skills ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO can't get the hang of a pouch. He just squirts it all over everything! We still use them, but use a spoon, which kinda defeats the purpose I guess. He's mostly eating finger foods though.
  • My LO refuses purées unless they're in the pouch because he wants to feed himself. We use them for snacks on the go or if the dinner veggies aren't suitable for him for some reason. There's no need for them for sure.
  • My LO can't get the hang of a pouch. He just squirts it all over everything! We still use them, but use a spoon, which kinda defeats the purpose I guess. He's mostly eating finger foods though.

The choomee sip'n top has changed our world! We're only one day in, but now LO can hold the pouch and feed himself and even throw it on the flor with little to no mess. Approx $8 well spent in my opinion. :)
  • So I went on a much needed buy buy baby rampage (thank you tax returns) tonight. Feeling rather ambitious I bought some reusable squishy (squeezy) pouches. I feel like I should at least make some attempt at making my own puree- like things. I plan to put yogurt in them, but I am at a loss for other ideas... I need something quick and simple to make...ideas?

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I blended up applesauce and kale last night. He loved it. I also did yogurt and blackberries. And yogurt and applesauce. Have some spinach I plan to blend into applesauce too. Not getting too craative, so I'm excited to hear other ideas too!
  • So I went on a much needed buy buy baby rampage (thank you tax returns) tonight. Feeling rather ambitious I bought some reusable squishy (squeezy) pouches. I feel like I should at least make some attempt at making my own puree- like things. I plan to put yogurt in them, but I am at a loss for other ideas... I need something quick and simple to make...ideas?

Honestly, I go down thengrocerynaisle with the baby food pouches for ideas. They come up with combos I never would have thought of. Apple and spinach? Really?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"