Babies on the Brain

New here, blessed thus far

Hello. I'm super excited about starting this journey to conceive. I have had an HSG and my husband completed the analysis (both were OK.) I'm currently testing for ovulation; i started on Thursday and today Monday, is cycle day 15. So far, all negatives. However, I expect to ovulate by Tuesday. I have an appointment for an ultrasound Thursday. We've baby danced daily for the past four days and will more than likely continue daily through Thursday. I am not on any medications.

I've been blessed thus far.

I'm looking forward to conversing with you and the encouragement forums tend to provide.

Believing the Lord will do it.

Re: New here, blessed thus far

• What's called "SEX?" Thanks for the good luck wishes.

• Loading the player...
  • What's called "SEX?" Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Baby dance. At least I hope to God that's what you were intimating.
  • Ohhh. "Baby dance." Yeah; we baby danced today as well.

• Ohhh. "Baby dance." Yeah; we baby danced today as well.

Say it with me. "SEX."

If you want to baby dance, watch Ally McBeal.
  • LilyRoseSageLilyRoseSage member
    edited March 2015
    I'll stick with"baby dance" for now. Thanks. :) I'll private message you when I decide to use the words you have chosen for me.

• I'll stick with"baby dance" for now. Thanks. :) I'll private message you when I decide to use the words you have chosen for me.

We're all adults here (or at least I hope we are if we're trying to have kids). If you can't use the word SEX it's on you. Just letting you know what's the norm around here.
  • Thanks!
    8-|

• Update: no positive on the OPK today. Hopefully, I will get it by Thursday's ultrasound.

• Update: no positive today either. *crossing fingers for Thursday*

• Oh my...  :-&

I'm curious about your comment. Have you passed your ovulation date before as well?

I'm curious about your comment. Have you passed your ovulation date before as well?

Yup, because we are not robots, cycles can change, I have ovulated anywhere from CD 18-30, and I knew this based on charting. And we are all adults, it's ok to say sex.  I don't see anything in a siggy so I am curious as to why you are doing IF testing. 
    After trying for a year, I thought it would be best to have everything checked out. I have not been diagnosed with infertility and, so far,all of my blood work has been normal. I have normal, regular periods.

However, I have not gotten a positive from the OPK in this cycle. Today is CD 17. I'm having an ultrasound later today that will better determine if I did ovulate.

I will post an update later tonight.

(I know it's OK to type "sex.")

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Yup, because we are not robots, cycles can change, I have ovulated anywhere from CD 18-30, and I knew this based on charting. And we are all adults, it's ok to say sex.  I don't see anything in a siggy so I am curious as to why you are doing IF testing. 
    After trying for a year, I thought it would be best to have everything checked out. I have not been diagnosed with infertility and, so far,all of my blood work has been normal. I have normal, regular periods.

However, I have not gotten a positive from the OPK in this cycle. Today is CD 17. I'm having an ultrasound later today that will better determine if I did ovulate.

Actually if you are under 35, the definition of infertility is one year of well timed unprotected sexual intercourse without conception.  So you are considered infretile.  Now if you haven't had all of your testing completed, then you may not have a diagnosis for the underlying cause of your infertility.  Even if all of your testing comes back normal, you still will have an infertility diagnosis, it will be unexplained infertility. 

I had the diagnosis of unexplained infertility for a few years until after multiple failed IUIs and IVF cycles, when it became obvious that we had repeated implantation failure.  I saw a doctor specializing in immune factor infertility who found a few immune issues that could be contributing to our infertility/implantation failure.  I also potentially have poor egg quality, but that is harder to diagnose since there is not test for egg quality. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• My MUD-o-meter is pinging a bit...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
    edited March 2015

Oh my...  :-&

Actually if you are under 35, the definition of infertility is one year of well timed unprotected sexual intercourse without conception.  So you are considered infretile.  Now if you haven't had all of your testing completed, then you may not have a diagnosis for the underlying cause of your infertility.  Even if all of your testing comes back normal, you still will have an infertility diagnosis, it will be unexplained infertility. 

I had the diagnosis of unexplained infertility for a few years until after multiple failed IUIs and IVF cycles, when it became obvious that we had repeated implantation failure.  I saw a doctor specializing in immune factor infertility who found a few immune issues that could be contributing to our infertility/implantation failure.  I also potentially have poor egg quality, but that is harder to diagnose since there is not test for egg quality. 

Thanks for sharing your story and giving feedback.

No, we weren't having well-timed sex; just without contraception and anytime we desired. I didn't test for ovulation, plan using calendars, take my temperature, etc.

I'm sure my doctor will let me know what's what within the upcoming two weeks.

Today's ultrasound revealed that I hadn't ovulated. It's cycle day 18. I will keep testing until positive/through Thursday. My period is due March 22. I have never been late; if any irregularity at all, I've been early.

I'm glad I took this step earlier rather than later.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing someone that has been trying to conceive for a year will call sex "baby dancing," but I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. 
    That's fine. I can write "baby dance" as many times as I'd like. It's not hate speech; it doesn't incite violence. I'm almost perplexed by your burning sensitivity to my word choice; but, I guess when individuals analyze the unimportant aspect of something through the most distant form of communication possible, it becomes sort of a sidebar entertainment to the bigger story of adding another soul to humanity.

I'm not offended that you continuously fail to use commas in your posts. It's your computer, your fingers. Everyone has their own style. Type (or fail to type) what you please. I'm not on this forum to proofread.

Thanks for following my posts, though.

Update: My husband and I baby danced for the past seven days and we'll do it every other day until Thursday. We hope to see a positive on the OPK by then. :)

• Hello. I'm super excited about starting this journey to conceive. I have had an HSG and my husband completed the analysis (both were OK.) I'm currently testing for ovulation; i started on Thursday and today Monday, is cycle day 15. So far, all negatives. However, I expect to ovulate by Tuesday. I have an appointment for an ultrasound Thursday. We've baby danced daily for the past four days and will more than likely continue daily through Thursday. I am not on any medications.

I'm looking forward to conversing with you and the encouragement forums tend to provide.

Ok...I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but I just can't help myself. 
    I find it a bit odd that you have absolutely no trouble telling random internet strangers about the frequency of and the future plans for your sex life but you seem a bit reluctant to actually TYPE the word sex. Is that a real reluctance on your part or do you enjoy irritating people online?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Yeah, I have a hard time believing someone that has been trying to conceive for a year will call sex "baby dancing," but I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. 
    That's fine. I can write "baby dance" as many times as I'd like. It's not hate speech; it doesn't incite violence. I'm almost perplexed by your burning sensitivity to my word choice; but, I guess when individuals analyze the unimportant aspect of something through the most distant form of communication possible, it becomes sort of a sidebar entertainment to the bigger story of adding another soul to humanity.

I'm not offended that you continuously fail to use commas in your posts. It's your computer, your fingers. Everyone has their own style. Type (or fail to type) what you please. I'm not on this forum to proofread.

Update: My husband and I baby danced for the past seven days and we'll do it every other day until Thursday. We hope to see a positive on the OPK by then. :)

I honestly don't care if you refer to sex as "baby dancing."  Other posters felt that your post was MUD (Made up Drama) and I was actually saying that, despite the "baby dancing" wording, I didn't think your post was MUD.  Given your overreaction to my post, I might change my mind.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Hello. I'm super excited about starting this journey to conceive. I have had an HSG and my husband completed the analysis (both were OK.) I'm currently testing for ovulation; i started on Thursday and today Monday, is cycle day 15. So far, all negatives. However, I expect to ovulate by Tuesday. I have an appointment for an ultrasound Thursday. We've baby danced daily for the past four days and will more than likely continue daily through Thursday. I am not on any medications.

I find it a bit odd that you have absolutely no trouble telling random internet strangers about the frequency of and the future plans for your sex life but you seem a bit reluctant to actually TYPE the word sex. Is that a real reluctance on your part or do you enjoy irritating people online?
    I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've typed "sex" in a post above; perhaps you didn't read as thoroughly as You intended.

Anyways, still no positive on the OPK. I have an appointment Thursday for an ultrasound.

edited March 2015

My MUD-o-meter is pinging a bit...

I honestly don't care if you refer to sex as "baby dancing."  Other posters felt that your post was MUD (Made up Drama) and I was actually saying that, despite the "baby dancing" wording, I didn't think your post was MUD.  Given your overreaction to my post, I might change my mind.

I don't make up things.

I think using emoticons are more immature to express a mood, than, perhaps, anything else in life.

I'm not a very dramatic person. I simply started out with reporting on where I was in my journey to conceive.

I have not written anything inappropriate for this kind of forum. Whether I wrote "sex" (which I have in a post above) or "baby dance," the majority of readers on this forum understand what I intended to say.

There are several things on this forum that are annoying to read, such as the overuse of acronyms. However, I'm not here to pressure someone to write what I prefer to see.

Although it seems the main conversation on my original post, thus far, is in regards to the synonym I used to express natural sexual intercourse, perhaps another woman is going through the same thing that I am and will learn something or be encouraged by my posts.

Some of you may become uncomfortable to know that my nurse calls sex "doing your homework," and the maturing of a follicle, "the quarterback coming out to play."

(Juliet asked: "What's in a name? Would a rose by any other smell as sweet?")

My nurse's word choice doesn't impact me at all. Everyone at the office is closely monitoring my development throughout this cycle and has been very encouraging.

While labels are important, the meaning behind them are what's supposed to be sought. Everyone who has posted about the words I chose to describe having sexual intercourse are proof that "baby dance" means the same as "sex" and using either interchangeably is not confusing to the reader.

With that said, I'm still very excited to be on this journey to becoming pregnant and will continue to post.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've typed "sex" in a post above; perhaps you didn't read as thoroughly as You intended.

Anyways, still no positive on the OPK. I have an appointment Thursday for an ultrasound.
    I saw that. I read everything. You did indeed type sex... After you were asked about your apparent inability to type the word. I was commenting on your ease in discussing your sex life but seeming inability to type "sex" like an adult. Did you perhaps proofread your post before you hit post because I am sure you didn't intend to capitalize the y in you as if I were your God?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I saw that. I read everything. You did indeed type sex... After you were asked about your apparent inability to type the word. I was commenting on your ease in discussing your sex life but seeming inability to type "sex" like an adult. Did you perhaps proofread your post before you hit post because I am sure you didn't intend to capitalize the y in you as if I were your God?
    Your response is so weird.

Anyways, I still have a negative on the OPK. I'll go to an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon.

Anyways, I still have a negative on the OPK. I'll go to an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon.
    How is it weird? Did you perhaps not understand?

How is it weird? Did you perhaps not understand?
    Part of your response was out-of-touch, irrelevant and just out of context.

You asked me if I think you are my god simply because a first letter in a word was capitalized.

If you want to understand what idol worship looks like, Google it. None of the billions of answers will result with anything about a pregnancy forum, the capitalization of the first letter in the word "you," nor anything related to OPK testing.

For the record, you would not be my god even if I capitalized all of the letters in the word "you."

Just Google it.

Also, I'm only going to post about my journey to conceive from this post forward. All of these silly side conversations are irrelevant to what I'm going through and what other women on this forum may be going through.

I'm here to talk about trying to conceive, which is not to be confused with: idol worship, hypothetical situations, "mature words" and "immature words."

I don't care about any of that and neither does the recently married 24-year-old college graduate who is in her first month trying to conceive or the 37-year-old mother of 3 sons who has decided with her husband that now is the time to jump start the process again.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything unreasonable.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will post again after my ultrasound tomorrow afternoon.

• daisy91606daisy91606 member
    edited March 2015
    I know what idolatry is. I can respond to any part of your posts. I choose to comment on your weird capitalization of a word. I never said I was your god. Generally in text form an unnecessary capitalization of the word "you" implies deification.
    You will have to get used to the fact that people are going to do that if this is how you want to communicate. If you want a place to post the intricate details of your reproductive life without comments such as these, then you should consider a blog as PP suggested.
  • Most people looking to join a group devoted to a certain topic, (TTC, pregnancy. Parenting, etc...) attempt to learn the mores of said group. When people point out that words used are not favored in said group, those new people either go along with it or move on to another grouo. They don't put their head in the sand, overlook actual advice they receive (seriously, your ultrasound tomorrow is unnecessary. Just start temping or move on to an actual RE), and also bring up irrelevant comments.

Others are right, you need a blog because you clearly don't actually care how this community works.
  • You know this isn't a blog, right? You might want to start one. 

I was just about to say that! 

OP - perhaps you would like Tumblr? You could even post pictures of your pee sticks if you want! 
    :))
  • In my head, I am reading the OP's posts in Baymax's voice from big hero 6 because it's just so formal and robotic :/ please tell me I am not the only one.

Thinking this one may be more of a troll as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"