Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Sick and tired...

Anybody else? What are you doing for it? Background: My 2nd child DS (15 mo) has had minor colds every 2-3 weeks for the past 7 months. He's at a larger daycare with older kids; dr says it's DS' job (as long as it doesn't disrupt growth, etc.).  At first I got 1 in 2 colds, then 2 in 3, now I am getting a cold every week.  I'm just plain run down - it's not even a bad cold but I'm wiped out.  Stressful job, up half the night with DS who is congested and/or teething (DH helps out too). At DH's insistence, I took the day off work today to try to kick this. I have immune boosting teas, but I was told to drink them when I am cold-free for three days or so ... and I haven't been. I'm eating yogurt, drinking ginger tea with honey, tried some cough drops (not useful).  My mom suggested pulling DS out of the daycare for a week or so to allow his immune system to recover a bit (and mine).  What has worked for you or what ideas do you have?

Congested, coughing and fuzzy in the head,

~S

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sick and tired...

• I'm in the same boat. We have had several "ice days" the past few weeks and every time we come back from one DS comes down with a virus (stomach flu and congestion). I've been stuck at home sick while also watching a sick baby and a hyper 6 year old for a few weeks! Now it's Spring Break ahh! Mucinex D helped me with my congestion and drinking a lot of water and I heat up apple juice. For DS I just keep using saline and giving him a lot of water and milk to drink to keep him hydrated. I have the humidifier on all night and put a few drops of Eucalyptus oil in it. Figured it can't hurt. I've also used baby vapor rub for both of us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Designermomma, thanks.  I amped up the warm liquids (forgot about that) and ate oranges.  I read a lot about essential oils when googling; I'll keep that in mind.  So, yes, it looks like I turned the corner and DS is clear today (knock on wood).  I was sick for weeks and seriously concerned I'd never get better - so glad we are on the mend.  Thanks for the input (and encouragement).

Unexplained IF/RPL

Journey Complete.

• Loading the player...
  • Whenever I start to feel a cold coming on I start taking vitamin C and zinc like it's my job.  Zicam works wonders, even to just shorten the length of a cold.  As for DD I always use the humidifier or the Vicks plug ins.  They're fantastic.  I also let her eat oranges and strawberries as long as she doesn't have diarrhea.  She's only in daycare 2 days a week but we have a cold once every 6 weeks or so.  Also, when she has a runny nose I use the saline nose spray at every bath time to help clear out the mucous.
  • @Crequito, great tips.  Thank you.  Now I am better prepared for next time!

Unexplained IF/RPL

Journey Complete.

• Have you ever tried Emergen-C? I drink at least 1 a day...more if there seems to be something going around.
  • Not yet; I had a co-worker who used all these things and I didn't understand.  Now I do.

Thanks!

Unexplained IF/RPL

Journey Complete.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"