March 2015 Moms

how to start labor? 40 weeks pregnant

I'm 40 weeks pregnant today. I have 1 week till my doctors have to induce me. I really don't want that. Is there anything I can do to start labor? I've been cramping for about 4 days but nothing painful or worth timing. I've tried.... sex, walking, yoga ball, pineapple.

Re: how to start labor? 40 weeks pregnant

• I'm 40 weeks tomorrow. Baby will come when he's ready. Are you sure you want to induce that early? Sometimes our due dates are not accurate. For example.. My due date based of my LMP is the 22nd. Based on ovulation it's the 25th.... So I would barely be 40 weeks if they wanted to induce me at what they estimated is my 41 week based on LMP.

Anyway!! Other than that... There are lots of older threads you can search up on ideas for helping bring on labor. Besides what you're doing, I can only think of Labor Cookies
  • Agree ^ nothing works lol I've tried every wise tale known to man (mostly just to help pass time lol) I'm 41 weeks and being induced wendsday! It's not ideal but this little guy is just to cozy in there. Best of luck !!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 38 weeks 6 days today. I've heard that using a broom could work as you are using all your muscles in your body. My mom told me this when she had me 30yrs ago the dr. said it worked for most of his patients and it worked for her.

Here's to just a few more days/weeks for us all!!!
  • I got my membranes sweeped at 40 weeks then walked several miles. I'm pretty sure that's what kicked started my labor.
  • I was 40 weeks last Wednesday and am being induced tonight (Sunday). However..sometime this am I am going to start using clary sage and lavender essential oils to try and kick start contractions and labor. I have been conversing with a woman who used both and started contractions within 24 hours and only 6 hours of labor. A friend of mine kickstarted her labor and had her baby within 24 hours also just 3 days with the help of fennel. Fennel and clary sage need to be diluted with a carrier oil..I'm using almond oil. They can then be massaged onto belly and ankles. The advice I was given was to use them and then get relaxed. So hoping I won't need cervadil or pitocin. :)
  • Eggplant Parmesan!! I went into labor 4 hours after I ate it and I was 40 weeks and 4 days.
  • ^^Clary Sage is contraindicated during pregnancy unless you're already in active labor, just FYI. It is supposed to help create more effective contractions...once you're already having them. If used before labor begins, it can be dangerous and potentially cause placental abruption. I intend to use it during labor, fwiw, just sharing my knowledge on the subject. Just because it's natural doesn't mean there can't be risks! :)

• My due date was also the 21st, and still no baby. I've tried all the traditional things: sex, walking, pineapple, spicy food, etc. Still nothing. Very frustrating.
  • I'm 38 weeks 6 days today. I've heard that using a broom could work as you are using all your muscles in your body. My mom told me this when she had me 30yrs ago the dr. said it worked for most of his patients and it worked for her.

Here's to just a few more days/weeks for us all!!!

Jumping over from April15 because its slowwww….Using a broom how and where? If you mean just sweeping then crap, it doesn't work, just makes for a cleaner house! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"