Baby Showers

Serious Shower question

This is my second  pregnancy. My cousin (he and I were born on the same day, 2 hours apart) and his wife are expecting 6 days before I am. He is in the military and are living in NC. Our family is from DE and her family lives in AL. She seems pretty certain that no one is planning a shower for her. She isn't terribly close with her family and she doesn't think our family will have one since we live so far apart. I would hate or her to go through her first baby with no celebration. I reached out to her mother and my aunt, but haven't heard back rom them yet. Is it ok for me to talk to them, and maybe let them know I could help plan a shower. I don't really know how to go about this or even if it is appropriate or necessary for me to do this. Even if I did, do I plan it around our house or should I try to plan one around their house? So many things to think about. Thoughts?

Baby #2 is due

August 26, 2015

Re: Serious Shower question

• VORVOR member

If you want to throw a shower, throw a shower.  You don't have to wait on her mom or aunt.

• Or maybe you could host one for your family side where most of your family is and leave it to her family to host their side in AL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's not necessary for you to host a shower for cousin, but it is appropriate if you would like to do it. Host it where ever is the most convenient for you, the recipients, and the guests... really no wrong or right answer.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"