Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Scheduling bath time

My 4 month old is down to about 5-6 feedings and the last one is sometimes at 8.30 or 9pm. She takes a bath before the last feeding but sometimes this means a late bath and then bed at 9.30. I would like to slowly move her bedtime to 7.30
Should I give the bath at 7 regardless of her feeding schedule or am I coreect to schedule bath around her feed? I read you can decrease time slowly by 10 mins every few days to acclimate baby better,
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Scheduling bath time

• Whoa, whoa, whoa. You are totally over thinking this. You can give her a bath whenever you want. Why does it have to correlate with a feeding??
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa. You are totally over thinking this. You can give her a bath whenever you want. Why does it have to correlate with a feeding??

We have made this her night time routine as the bath makes her sleepy. She knows noes it's bath, dinner and bed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...

We have made this her night time routine as the bath makes her sleepy. She knows noes it's bath, dinner and bed.

Um, ok.  She's 4 months old, she doesn't think about things the way you think she does.

It's your baby, just try changing the bath time and see how it goes. I still think you are overthinking this.

• If that's your routine, and you think it helps her get to bed, try doing it sooner? If it doesn't work, try something differently the next night. There's no right or wrong time to put a kid to bed. Whatever works for you and your family - you'll figure it out. :)
  • I would slowly move back your nighttime routine. Then just put her down earlier and do a dream feed or feed when she wakes up hungry. FWIW our pedi told us a consistent bedtime routine like you're doing is very important even as early as 2-3 months. So I would keep doing the same routine if its working for you, just move it up.
  • I would slowly move back your nighttime routine. Then just put her down earlier and do a dream feed or feed when she wakes up hungry. FWIW our pedi told us a consistent bedtime routine like you're doing is very important even as early as 2-3 months. So I would keep doing the same routine if its working for you, just move it up.

Yes, I agree consistency is key with kids of all ages. I will try slowly adjusting the time and see how it works. As a first time mum with no family or friends it's sometimes hard to know if I'm doing things right :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm right there with you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"