Baby Names
Options

baby girl names

We have narrowed down our list but I can't pick my top name. Help me rank these names please :
Anna Katherine (nn Anna Kate)
Carrigan Elizabeth (Cara Beth)
Katherine Elizabeth (Elizabeth)
Katherine Baylor (Baylor)

Re: baby girl names

• Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    edited March 2015

1. Anna Katherine

2. Katherine Elizabeth

3. Katherine Baylor (I don't care for Baylor as the name you'd actually use)

4. Carrigan Elizabeth

• Options
    1 - Carrigan Elizabeth, nn Cara Beth
    2 - Katherine Elizabeth
    3 - Anna Katherie, nn Anna Kate

Dislike Baylor
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm katherine elizabeth! I've always loved it..great for a baby or an old lady. We'll received on any applications. Can't go wrong:)

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    Katherine Elizabeth
  • Options
    Anna Katherine is beautiful
  • Options
    I've never heard of the name Carrigan but I love it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Anna Katherine
  • Options
    magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited March 2015
    Katherine Elizabeth
    Carrigan is awful 
  • Options
    Anna Katherine. I would have voted for Katherine Elizabeth if you planned to call her Katherine or Kate though!

• Options
    I actually like Carrigan Elizabeth nn Cara Beth (this is fresh and cute for a double name).

Anna Katherine is beautiful, but I live in the South and names like Anna Kate are a dime a dozen (people love their double names here). Anna Kate, Anna Claire, Anna Grace...they are all beautiful but plain to me. However, Cara Beth is different and fresh.

I love Katherine Elizabeth, but if you're planning to CALL her Elizabeth, I prefer Elizabeth Katherine.

NAF of Baylor for a girl at all.
  • Options
    Kate0034 said:

I actually like Carrigan Elizabeth nn Cara Beth (this is fresh and cute for a double name). 

Same reason I ranked this name #1 on my line up (above) ^^
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Im katherine elizabeth, great name :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I should have clarified that my name is Katherine, so we don't necessarily want to call her by that name, but do like the idea of using my name, since our son's first name is after my husband.
  • Options
    I know it's spelled differently, but I think of Nancy Kerrigan the figure skater with Carrigan. I like Anna Katherine, then Katherine Elizabeth.
  • Options
    Katherine Elizabeth
  • Options
    I like Carrigan. I first heard the name in the movie, "Casper". I'm almost positive it's the mom's name. :)

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options

I like Carrigan. I first heard the name in the movie, "Casper". I'm almost positive it's the mom's name. :)

You're the only person who has mentioned that reference, but yes I first heard it there too! It's actually not the mom's name, but the blond lady who was "bad" but I can't remember why!
  • Options
    Anna Kate by a mile.

The others are too complicated and less pretty.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    My first name is Kathryn but go by my middle name by my parent's choice. Please don't do that to your child. The going by your middle name thing is a huge pain in the butt.
  • Options
    Anna Katherine. Beautiful and classic.
  • Options
    angc4angc4 member
    Anna Katherine, because it's beautiful and because I agree that going by ones middle name is complicated and I also know that having a unique first name with a common nn also has its pains ... My vote would be to consider actually naming her Cara if you choose that route
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    kimikimi said:

My first name is Kathryn but go by my middle name by my parent's choice. Please don't do that to your child. The going by your middle name thing is a huge pain in the butt.

I agree. It's way more of a pain than you might expect, don't do that to your child.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"