Breastfeeding
Options

breast feeding .

Are the any other mamas that are ganna be for sure breastfeeding . ? I am so nervous that I may not produce breast milk my boobs aren't even sore anymore .

Re: breast feeding .

• Options
    You aren't going to really know about how much milk you're going to have until after the baby... Don't stress about it now.
  • Options
    My breasts were never full or sore during pregnancy. I never leaked so much as a drop of colostrum. Several women in my family have underdeveloped ducts and could never produce, and I feared I would be the same. I wanted to breastfeed so bad!

Lo and behold,my milk came in on day 2 and we have battled a very bad oversupply and over active letdown. I have too much milk! One LC said I could feed triplets lol

So you never know and nothing during pregnancy is any indication. If you want to breastfeed, trust that odds are very very good that you can do so successfully. It will probably be hard at first, I've known very few people who had no issues. Just stick with it. It gets better and is so worth it! Know the number of a few lactation consultants, look up a local support group, and go to at least one breastfeeding class during pregnancy. Most hospitals give them for free.

Good luck and don't worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    First lesson in parenting: DON'T SAY YOU WILL 'FOR SURE' DO SOMETHING! You never know how things will work out so try not to be too rigid about any issue/aspect. Wait and see and don't assume the worst (or the best...) just educate yourself and wait and see.
  • Options
    I have produced an abundance of milk and never really experienced soreness in my breasts while I was pregnant. I agree with previous posters that attending a breastfeeding class is a proactive way to prepare yourself and alleviate some of the concerns you may have. 

If you struggle with breastfeeding after having your baby, don't be afraid to meet with a lactation consultant. One of the things I love most about my son's pediatrician's office is that they employ a small staff of lactation consultants that are available to breastfeeding moms. You could do some research and see if there is a pediatrician's office with a similar setup in your area! 
  • Options
    Just stick with it!!! Four weeks in im still having some trouble with one side but I'm over the hill of awful pain, tears, and the awful first few weeks. Just be positive and keep trying!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"