May 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else measuring ahead? Or measure ahead with a child before?

At my 28 week appointment last week they measured the baby and his head was measuring at 32 weeks. So they're expecting him to be pretty big which is pushing me towards a c section and since I have had 2 back surgeries. I'm just wondering if anyone had a baby measuring big but the baby still came out a normal size?? Any help is appreciated!

Re: Anyone else measuring ahead? Or measure ahead with a child before?

• Options
    I had the opposite! On the same day I went into labor with my daughter, I was told she was on the small size. She was born 8 lbs 12 oz. So not very small!! I've heard that measurements can be very off. I wouldn't count on it being accurate.
  • Options
    I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and at my ultrasound today baby is measuring 33 weeks. My first was 9lbs5ozs and I had him without a c-section so I'm assuming I can deliver this big baby fine on my own too. I'd rather avoid major surgery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 33 weeks and baby is measuring two weeks ahead. I have an ultrasound at my next appointment because she is on the bigger side.
  • Options

I am 33 weeks and baby is measuring two weeks ahead. I have an ultrasound at my next appointment because she is on the bigger side.

Same here! I go Thurs. For an u/s. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At my 28 week apt I was measuring in at 32 weeks. Been measuring ahead entire pregnancy. We shall see come delivery day lol
  • Options
    I measured ahead my whole pregnancy last time and my little girl was born only in the 40th percentile 6 lbs 5oz); my midwife said measuring "ahead" or "behind" doesn't mean much, they just want to see consistent growth, and it might be an indicator of a wrong predicted due date if it seems really off.
  • Options
    At 32 weeks He was measuring in at 38 weeks. Almost 6lbs already they triple checked the measurements and have started to prep me for the possibility that he's not going to fit on the way out. Well just have to wait and see how big he gets, my docs don't schedule c-sections for healthy moms until the baby passes 11lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"